HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My V93 - Now with wood! UPDATED 3-12-09!

Was playing with the camera earlier and thought I would post up some pics of my V93 with it's new addition, a
modified G3 forearm.

This was my first attempt at fitting one and I'm pretty happy with the results. I made it just a tad on the
short side but it doesn't seem to affect function at all. It was a practice run to see how hard it would
be to do it. I plan to find a nicer one and refinish it along with a matching buttstock. Then, I'll fabricate
a wood grip from another G3 buttstock so that the wood matches fairly close.

So, what'cha guys think?

(btw, pay no attention to my ugly couch! :D)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I like it. Adding wood furniture to the 90 series adds character.
Now for the buttstock....
:)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Are you going for a StG44 look? Otherwise why wood?(though it does look good)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you going for a StG44 look? Otherwise why wood?(though it does look good)
I do love the StG and had noticed a similar look but I didn't set out for it. Actually, I just like wood. Plus, the wood forearm is lighter than the HK wide I had on there. Any weight reduction is a nice bonus. It's also cooler in the AZ sun than the black plastic.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I do love the StG and had noticed a similar look but I didn't set out for it. Actually, I just like wood. Plus, the wood forearm is lighter than the HK wide I had on there. Any weight reduction is a nice bonus. It's also cooler in the AZ sun than the black plastic.

We have that problem here on really hot days

I was shooting at Webb and we had our rifles on the bench, it was like 98 degrees with a lot of humidity and the damn things got so hot from the sun we couldnt hardly hold on to the forearms

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have that problem here on really hot days

I was shooting at Webb and we had our rifles on the bench, it was like 98 degrees with a lot of humidity and the damn things got so hot from the sun we couldnt hardly hold on to the forearms
Same thing for me. During a match when it was about 110 I pulled my rifle to my cheek and it felt like I had touched a hot stove. Ouch! Thankfully the red dot saved me from having to put my cheek against it for the remainder of the stage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very nice. You're wood gives me wood. Forever-A-Soldier, your's is incredibly sexy as well. And for what it's worth I believe that I too have that couch. I got mine from an old roommate though.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think we have the same couch ha ha ha ha. But my wife picked it out what's your excuse
Same here. I liked my other ugly couch better but I came home one day and bingo, there it this one was. It's not as comfortable as my old one. :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wood......horrible idea....so I'll do you a favor and take it off of your hands.....I might have to store it on one of my guns for a while though! Nothing like the sound of wood upside a zombies head......looks sweet man!

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I like it, good start, but may I suggest to "de-modern" the rifle?
A wood buttstock and p-grip (as you are working on) are great,
metal trigger housing and a Model 1 or 2 staight tube Hensoldt would
help and lastly a early G3 flash hider... and a 40 round magazine...

NICE wood grip btw - are you making them? Lmk if so and what you are asking :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ha! You're funny Dan! :D

I like it, good start, but may I suggest to "de-modern" the rifle?
A wood buttstock and p-grip (as you are working on) are great,
metal trigger housing and a Model 1 or 2 staight tube Hensoldt would
help and lastly a early G3 flash hider... and a 40 round magazine...

NICE wood grip btw - are you making them? Lmk if so and what you are asking :)
I'm a guy caught between modern and old school. My V93 actually sports a Millet DMS-1 scope now instead of the fakepoint and I just can't give up my modern optics.

On the grips, I wish I had the talent and patience to make them. It was made by John Downey. I started a thread in the "Heads Up" section in case anyone else was looking for one. Here is a link to it: HK/CETME Wood Pistol Grips He charges $60 shipped for the unfinished version like mine or $75 shipped for a completely finished version.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice rifle.

Where do you get the front wood?

...:)...

·
Registered
198 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts