HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked one up off Gunbroker to play around with for a while til I get bored and do a G36 conversion.

It doesn't come with an HK mag, but the seller said it runs flawlessly with the non-hk mag it comes with but I'll get one anyway. I'll test it out and make sure the extractor and all that good jazz is good. Any thing else I should check?

What's the value on these anymore?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well the value is what someone will pay. For me I'd only pay about $1k for one, but I've seen them in $1150 $2000 range. For me I don't like how much is different with my other rollers. It uses mags that are hard to find and über expensive, the rollers are different and they seem to be expensive to make work right.

That decreases the value for me, I'd rather stick with mainstream 9mm/ 223/ & 308...

I'd be fun to shoot someone else's!

·
Registered
872 Posts
A lot depends on the parts and the builder. Turner Fabrications Inc is well known for his 40 cal builds. He also is able to make them run from the SW parts kit that say Vector on them.

Some builders "graft" big time premium for this option.

$1700 to $2600 again depends on the parts and the builder.

Note this pricing is on a custom built weapons platform, You may get lucky and get one that works out of chute with no hiccups from SW and/or Vector, unfortunately it's usually not the case.

Be aware that there are serious issues with the trunnions from the clone makers. H&K trunnions do not have the cracking issue that has not been the case with the clones.

Hurry up RCM on the trunnions!.......

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Picked one up off Gunbroker to play around with for a while til I get bored and do a G36 conversion.

It doesn't come with an HK mag, but the seller said it runs flawlessly with the non-hk mag it comes with but I'll get one anyway. I'll test it out and make sure the extractor and all that good jazz is good. Any thing else I should check?

What's the value on these anymore?
I have a CA89-10mm that needed a HK bolt head but the Coharie mag works as good as the HK factory. IIRC it was $1600 from Coharie (pistol config). But on the "last" CA roller locked batch they were $1,000.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got back from picking her up and everything appears good to go. The paint is a little thick on it and they painted the 3-lug, but aside from that it looks good. Bold hold open works good and hopefully I'll put some rounds through her this weekend.

She'll make a good shooter, as my Ghillie built 9mm is my safe queen that comes out every now and then.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Well the value is what someone will pay. For me I'd only pay about $1k for one, but I've seen them in $1150 $2000 range. For me I don't like how much is different with my other rollers. It uses mags that are hard to find and über expensive, the rollers are different and they seem to be expensive to make work right.

That decreases the value for me, I'd rather stick with mainstream 9mm/ 223/ & 308...

I'd be fun to shoot someone else's!
Expensive mags? Geez...I thought today's prices were great compared to when the ban was in effect. HKparts usually has these mags in stock for about $75 bucks...I think thats a great price...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it shot somewhat good but had a lot of failures to feed because of the junk ass magazine that came with it.

Also had a few stovepipes so I ordered a new mag and MP5-40/10 extractor spring off Adam. Or do you guys think a new extractor itself would've been needed too?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, it shot somewhat good but had a lot of failures to feed because of the junk ass magazine that came with it.

Also had a few stovepipes so I ordered a new mag and MP5-40/10 extractor spring off Adam. Or do you guys think a new extractor itself would've been needed too?
How does the bolt head fit the locking piece? Mine is very sloppy. Could be whats driving your FTE, stovepipe problem. If you go that route might as well buy a new extractor :/

·
Registered
10,254 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just wanted to post an update. By upgrading to real HK MP5/40 mags it took care of the FTF and FTE issues I was having.

I should take the BMP mag out next time and just shoot at it LOL

All issues resolved and she's quite fun to shoot with zero issues now!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No I don't have any full auto stuff. Wish I did but I'm limited to Semi-auto only.

It's a rather basic one with an SEF polymer lower. Thought about getting a picto one for one it.

·
Registered
10,254 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL yeah the BMP mag is utter junk.

I bought the gun with hopes of selling it someday to make a few bucks but it's kinda fun to shoot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts