HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

In an earlier post I was trying to find out about a part I noticed in my new P30L owners manual. The part #47 compression spring. Know one seemed to know anything about it ? I ordered some spare springs from HK parts. net. I included the compression spring. Here it is installed! The spring fits perfectly in the frame and stays put when you remove the slide. I can only guess what its intended purpose is. I was still hoping someone on this forum could find a definitive answer on what this part does and why H&K doesn't use it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
For the life of me, I don't remember seeing that on my P30L. I'm at work, but will grab mine as soon as I get to my hotel. Take the recoil spring out and shoot more photos.

Edit
I just checked, and it's on the HK Parts diagram.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the life of me, I don't remember seeing that on my P30L. I'm at work, but will grab mine as soon as I get to my hotel. Take the recoil spring out and shoot more photos.

I've looked at probably every P30 disassembly / field strip video on YouTube looking for anything on this spring. I didn't see any mention of this spring or anybody having it on there P30?. The only place I've seen it is on the P30 schematic and for sale at HK parts.net.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I have two P30s in my hotel. One is a standard V3, while the other is an 'L' LEM.

I'll check after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
I am very interested in this...I will have to check my p30L later, too. Dobe why do you have 2 guns in the hotel? Traveling for work or a competition?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I travel a lot. I'm not going to stop shooting. I have two ARs in my room also.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
The below photo is of a P30L LEM V1.

Oddly enough, there is an orifice where I suppose a spring could reside. Yet, no spring.
The following photo is of a P30 V3.
No spring here.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I might add, I own 6 P30s, and I don't remember seeing a spring in that opening on any of them. Until now, I really never noticed the opening.

Because I am away from home, I can't check the others for verification.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The below photo is of a P30L LEM V1.

Oddly enough, there is an orifice where I suppose a spring could reside. Yet, no spring.
The following photo is of a P30 V3.
No spring here.

The compression spring fits in the hole/orifice perfectly.Also like I mentioned in the original post, fits snug enough that it doesn't fall out when you take the slide off.

·
Registered
675 Posts
It looks like it would push on the back of the barrel just below the feed ramp and not the RSA. Mine has the slot for it but no spring.

·
Registered
974 Posts
It's a storage space for your extra firing pin block spring. I keep a heavier weight spring in mine, because I have the light one installed. That way if it fails I can quickly replace it.

* I'm joking. I've never noticed that before. Mine doesn't have a spring.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I just checked my BE (2015) P30LS. There is no hole in my frame.

Regarding the comment above about it stopping the barrel, the barrel never gets that low in the frame. Lay your RSA in place and put the barrel on it (i.e., with the opposing pull-down hooks engaged). RSA is the only thing that gets close.

Speculation warning: Maybe a buffer for the RSA? Not clear to me a spring there would contact the beveled face of my RSA -- maybe the older RSAs are shaped different?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The spring when in the frame comes in contact with the lug the on the guide rod. Check the second pic on the first post.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
There are a couple HK engineers laughing their asses off right now. For anyone that has seen the Brian Regan 'I walked on the Moon' comedy, the bit with the serving sizes comes to mind here..........

1 - 20 of 46 Posts