HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these two grip frames in a lot and I have been unable to tell if they are original HK Semi frames or converted SEF frames. From my understanding most semi frames were marked 0,1 that were made by HK. However these are both S,E and S,F respectively. Both are marked the same on the opposite side as well. Can anyone identify these?

The first looks converted, however lacks the third marking for full-auto or any evidence of there every being a marking there. It has a dimple block on the selector half-wheel which looks factory as it is a perfectly rounded but also has 3 depressions for the selector to lock in, with one being past the dimple block for full auto.

The second looks like an original frame. The lettering size looks correct and it has no dimple block and only 2 depressions on the half-wheel. However I've never seen a semi frame that is "S" on top with "F" all the way at the bottom of the frame instead of in the middle.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both have a shelf.

The SE one is probably converted by these grind marks... but the other still looks factory to me.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Both have a shelf.

The SE one is probably converted by these grind marks... but the other still looks factory to me.

Both are S-E-F lowers converted for semi only, just not sure who converted them. The top one is done with a bead placed just below the "E" to keep the selector from having three positions, and at one time this was the recommended procedure from one vendor that sold the conversion kits. The second most likely has the "E" and the corresponding dimple filled in with a weld and then cleaned up flush. You might still be able to see the back of this dimple by looking into the inside of the lower.

The semi lowers that came on the 9X series were marked "0,1" or "S,F" and the ledge for the front of the lower was welded in place from the sides. I believe a hole was drilled all the way though and then filled in with the weld. This dimple can be seen right above the trigger guard at the front of the lower. Also, the ridge that the selector rides on is shorter as can be seen in the photos below.

Best,

TC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts