HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha so ever since I got my new USP .45 I have been wondering how dust and gunk seem to collect so dang quickly in the little nooks and crannies of the gun, especially the grip area. Every couple of days I find myself picking gunk out of the grip area, and then it comes back.

I sat back and realized today that it must be my own skin cells rubbing off from holding the gun so much....The backstrap and grips are pretty "rough", so that must be where it is coming from....haha maybe this means im fondling my gun too much I dont know!

Random, I know, but has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I always have that stuff in there. I always find myself sitting around with a staple to get into those tight places to get my skin gunk outa the grip. The USP must be designed just right to let it accumulate because I never see it on my other weapons.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I use Hogue Handalls on my USP grips so it's a non issue no matter how long, or hard you grip your pistol. You can fondle to your hearts desire without losing any skin cells.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wait till you take that hogue off. You'll get an itch to clean under it after about two years... there will be a cake of skin crap under there. I don't know how it gets under there... but it does.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I had the same problem on my USPc. Finally got something in there I couldn't get out no matter what.

I finally just got some grip decals to cover it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
hmm I shoot my HK's all the time and never noticed this issue. I have rough weightlifters hands too...I would think skin would peel off easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HA! me too and it drives me nuts!... here I thought I was the only wack-a-doddle in the group. :)

I use a medium bristle toothbrush... takes it right out (fights cavities to). Then once a year I go for a complete void the warranty strip down, at it again with the toothbrush with a little detergent added... lemon fresh I tell ya.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I guess I am just lucky I have never noticed this problem on mine. Like someone else posted I also have big powerlifter hands that are always on knurled weight lifting bars. Oh well, just lucky I guess:2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts