HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was sold as a 922(r) part and marked USA, so I was trying to determine if it was an authentic HK proof mark or an HKParts.net marking. A second example in my parts supply shows the USA marking but not the circled 'Hk' pictured above.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, that sheds some interesting light on the topic. Looks like this came up two years ago...

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Great! Thanks for the pic. Was afraid I was senile to remember it correctly.
Specifically, it is stamped on the action just ahead of the serial number on the portside. there are no date codes on these old 300s they have to be dated by their serial number. I always thought that stamp represented something in the way of date coding but I’ve never found any evidence to support that.
Serial no. on this HK300 is 6xxx.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Specifically, it is stamped on the action just ahead of the serial number on the portside. there are no date codes on these old 300s they have to be dated by their serial number. I always thought that stamp represented something in the way of date coding but I’ve never found any evidence to support that.
Serial no. on this HK300 is 6xxx.
Or it simply it's been proved by the HK proof house? Like it's early proof mark?

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Have a look at the mark in the provided pictures and the picture above.

The HK ones are rolled(?) and clearly discernible, the one on the part in question seems to be unevenly applied by a hammer and punch.

Not sure if that's the same.
Yes those are rolled marks that are actually on the weapons …on the part it is hand punched but it is conspicuously the same shape , size and everything and it would be very difficult to roll mark a part like that. I’m not so much interested in how the part was actually marked but interested in the mark itself appearing on the older HK’s up to 40+ years old and now finding it on these contemporary parts it’s just an interesting mystery…

1 - 20 of 20 Posts