HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
anyone know what this guy is ?
looks kinda heavy but interesting ...
M249.
The first folding stock for the MP5K was made from Mini Uzi parts - just to prove the principle. Then we signed on with Choate for the side folder based on their existing side folder for the HK91, 93, etc. The rest is history. Sold a lot of those little guns we named "MP5K-PDW" to all kinds of agencies for many purposes. Made an otherwise inaccurate and uncontrollable weapon a very capable 9mm sub gun.

G3Kurz

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
M249.
The first folding stock for the MP5K was made from Mini Uzi parts - just to prove the principle. Then we signed on with Choate for the side folder based on their existing side folder for the HK91, 93, etc. The rest is history. Sold a lot of those little guns we named "MP5K-PDW" to all kinds of agencies for many purposes. Made an otherwise inaccurate and uncontrollable weapon a very capable 9mm sub gun.

G3Kurz
Bob tells me that the MP5K was your little baby.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M249.

G3Kurz
ahhhh ! very cool and very interesting . thanks for the history lesson .
the mp5k-pdw has been my favorite since i was a kid ( yes im still kinda young )

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
Bob tells me that the MP5K was your little baby.
Not true.
Adding the stock to it for PDW use was my first weapon "development" project at HK in the late 1980's in response to TF160 shooters not being thrilled with getting hits with stockless machine pistols with 900 RPM cyclic rates of fire. A cheap mod that made the weapon finally useful for more than just clearing phone booths.
The orginal MP5K was first developed for use from firing brief cases at short ranges.
With a good stock, sight and ammo an HK-made MP5K-PDW w/ 5.5" Navy barrel will shoot 4" groups at 100 meters all day long.
G3Kurz

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Not true.
Adding the stock to it for PDW use was my first weapon "development" project at HK in the late 1980's in response to TF160 shooters not being thrilled with getting hits with stockless machine pistols with 900 RPM cyclic rates of fire. A cheap mod that made the weapon finally useful for more than just clearing phone booths.
The orginal MP5K was first developed for use from firing brief cases at short ranges.
With a good stock, sight and ammo an HK-made MP5K-PDW w/ 5.5" Navy barrel will shoot 4" groups at 100 meters all day long.
G3Kurz
Sorry, I meant to say PDW. Thanks for the history lesson! It's always great to learn more about the history of these guns :)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
G3Kurz
Yup, adding the stock was a great idea and does make the MP5K an amazing SMG. Good to know about the history of the MP5K.

From HKpro's MP5K page, it was said that the original stockless MP5K was made at the request of a HK South American sales rep. http://www.hkpro.com/index.php?opti...k-series&catid=9:the-submachine-guns&Itemid=5

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
G3, you sir are truly amazing. Man if I coulda been around for the stuff you've seen!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just pick one up it is a little heaver than the UMP or Choate. Its longer and solid not sure what its worth but hard to find.
The wire on the the rear folds up to rest on the shoulder a feature I have not seen on the FAL.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
that is soooo cool i have never seen one stocked like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts