HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
I asked the guy at the DSA booth at Knob Creek, and he didn't know anything about it.
Not on B&T's website.
Looks like a sig stock adapted to a G3.
To answer your question, I don't know, but have been wondering about it.

·
2,832 Posts
that stock has shown up on a few HKs in some pics takin in Europe someplace, no one knew what it was.

in that pics I can see an hinge, so I would assume it folks to the right

·
Registered
229 Posts
A Sig 550 stock. Don't know if someone at DSA adapted one to fit a G3, but I don't recall one ever being for sale.

Must be a custom hack job.

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
No. rear part of receiver just in front of where the buttstock mates to the receiver. look at the top part of the groove where an A3 stock's rods would follow. There even appears to be a groove cut out of the stock just behind it. If you look at the stock in the B&T photo it's not there, but the this stock appears to have a forward assist and a groove cut into the stock for the.... thumb?
I'm not sure. Maybe it's the disconnect, but I think this stock folds the other way. Is there anyway we get this picture blown up and centered on the rear portion of the reciever? I'm interested. I know RDTS in AZ makes a forward assist for the G3's and 21's! Anyway if somoene has the know how that would be great if they could blow up this pic!!!

Thx,

R.

·
Banned
34,579 Posts
No. rear part of receiver just in front of where the buttstock mates to the receiver. look at the top part of the groove where an A3 stock's rods would follow. There even appears to be a groove cut out of the stock just behind it. If you look at the stock in the B&T photo it's not there, but the this stock appears to have a forward assist and a groove cut into the stock for the.... thumb?
I'm not sure. Maybe it's the disconnect, but I think this stock folds the other way. Is there anyway we get this picture blown up and centered on the rear portion of the reciever? I'm interested. I know RDTS in AZ makes a forward assist for the G3's and 21's! Anyway if somoene has the know how that would be great if they could blow up this pic!!!

Thx,

R.
Best guess, right-side folder, like Choate (learn to become a left-hand shooter).

Tony

·
2,832 Posts
your eyes are much better than mine.....I cant make it out but take your word for it :)

Thx,

R.

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
appear to be a tubular extension coming out of the recieved just aft of the mounts base long the top part of the rail indentation. There appears to be a groove/ indentation in the upper 2/3 section of the stock It's black. The device looks to be projecting out at about a 30 degree angle. thought it was a part of the buttstock but it just looks to protruding to me. I don't know, maybe it's just me. Wouldn't have even given it a second thought if I hadn't read about the forward assist that RDTS manufactures. I know they are pretty cutting edge in HK conversions. If I remember correctly they're for the HK21's, but maybe an armorer somewhere had a similar idea. Pretty cool idea if it is one.

·
Registered
229 Posts
DSA imported a "few" of the sporterized 550's after 89. Looking at a diagram of the 550, it was a folding stock that was mated to the lower reciever of the 550 with a swing pin assembly on the right side of the rifle.

There were also some parts kits for the 550's floating around then and I wouldn't put it past DSA to have experimented with developing a 91 folding stock out of the side folder of the 550. The reciever shape is somewhat similar to the HK's, and it wouldn't be that difficult to come up with a adapter to mate the 91 to the HK weapons.

I've sent a email to DSA asking for clarification of this cause it's a nice setup and I'd like to try one if I can find any 550 stock sets lying about...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Too bad they're not available. They would probably sell pretty well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have these in a mailer from sportsmans guide

It in a pile of magazines around here from last summer. Problem is the they won't ship it to 36 of the states. So I passed on it as well as anything else they offer. They also would not ship a wood stock for a Savave bolt gun to my state or a folding GI shovel.

Chjeers
MJ

1 - 20 of 31 Posts