HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone intersted in doing an HK shoot in NE OH in the next few months? I know a range just south of Akron that will rent out for $50 an hour. Has 8 lanes and is clean. Handgun and shotgun only. Could do some IDPA or other type shoot. Sound off if interested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, depending on when, I would be interested in an HK shoot just to be able to meet some more forum members. Let us know if enough interest builds.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I might be interested as well, depending on when and how much funds will permit. I'll see if I can grab a few other possible attendants, because my p2000sk .40 won't be that thrilling

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Midwest Gun Club in Canal Fulton. They will let us shoot any courses of self defense or grounding or anything we want. What about a Monday night in August/September. They are closed on Mondays and would rather rent the range then, but can still do anh other day. Feel free to throw out some other suggestions.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I hopefully will be moving to a house about two miles south of that range next month. If I am not working, Monday night will be fine.

Bill

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm game. I'm located in Columbus, but I'm from the Cleveland area. I'd make the drive.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I will talk to the owner in the next couple of days and try to come up with a Monday night that we all can agree on. Maybe lets shoot for the 2nd. Monday in August 13 at 1900 hours. Is that a good time for everyone?

·
Registered
25 Posts
1900hrs seems like a reasonable time. Let us know when you nail down all the details.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We can only shoot handgun and shotguns only. We are allowed to set up any tactical style shoots, move and shoots, ground shooting, night shoot, transition it is all fair game. We can just decide with all of the members that show up how we are going to set it up and play. It is an indoor range only and it is 50 feet, with 8 shooting stalls. But it is clean and cheap to rent. They will have targets and ammo, ears and eyes also, ammo prices are a little high like all the other ranges around. Seems that we will have around 8-10 people showing. Everyone is welcome to come and shoot. I will get directions for anyone needing them. I am going to get the date finalized early this week and we will get a list of names for show up. I will keep you guys posted as soon as I get more info.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Locked in the range shoot date for 08/20 at 1900 hours. Talked to the owner this morning and got it all set up. Now I need a confirmed list of names that are going to come. Please send a PM or post a comment on this thread. Thanks, HK1286.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Count me in. As we get closer to the date, depending on my move and work schedule, we may be able to have a simple cook out / get together at the new house before the shoot. I am literally on the same block as the range (but it is a big block!) There may be ongoing construction, piled boxes, etc., but there will still be room enough to get together and relax before the shoot. It is really a unique house built by and bought from an avid sportsman.

Bill

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
That sounds great Bill. I would like to keep the number around 12 that way we could load and shoot the [email protected] while others are shooting. Well we have 4 for sure right now, and that leaves plenty of openings. Everyone is welcome to come even if no HK weapons. Come out and have a good time shooting and meet face to face with some of the members here.

If anyone coming has a can for the USP Tac 45 could you please bring it. I am dying to try one out on my Tac. Thanks, HK1286.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can you PM me directions to the range? Depending on my work schedule that day, I'd like to try and get out that way. I would be coming from a suburb southwest of Cleveland

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Address for the range for mapquest directions:

Midwest Gun club
2043 Locust South
Canal Fulton, Ohio 44614
(330) 854-7700

Any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ohio shoot

HK1286
Thanks for making all the arangments for this shoot our past shoots have
all been great fun always good to be with fellow HK enthusiest

Count me in for the 20th. I am looking forward to getting together.

I called the range with some questions I had so here they are

1. Are pistol caliber rifles allowed ?
Yes.

2. Can we bring our own ammo ?
Yes.

3. Is there a rapid fire rule (so many seconds between each shot) ?
No as long as you can control the firearm safely.

4. Are MG's allowed ?
Yes as long as you can control the firearm and are pistol caliber.
They may want to see you shoot the MG's for control and safety.

I hope this helps anyone with similar questions.

As always with these shoots any of us can shoot what I bring just supply
the ammo.
calibers 9mm, .357sig, .40, & .45

Thanks
DST

1 - 20 of 32 Posts