HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading about magazine conversions for the SL8 and saw mention of the NEA SL8 Magwell Adaper. Does this require any modification of the SL8 receiver to use? The description says it doesn't, but all of the info I've gathered on the SL8 states that it cannot accept double-stack mags without material removal from the receiver.

Thanks!

·
Registered
754 Posts
"but all of the info I've gathered on the SL8 states that it cannot accept double-stack mags without material removal from the receiver."

You would be correct. Mill the receiver and change the bolt head on US sl8's. Don't forget about 922R compliance. There have been a few recent threads on this subject you can pull up with a search.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Technically, they are right, but it's very misleading. You don't need any gunsmithing to install it, even on an SL8. You can put the magwell on, but it you can't put in a double stack mag until you modify the receiver.

·
Registered
415 Posts
The NEA magwell adapter was made for the NON-US market. It was designed for the G36 and Canadian/European SL8s. Its not misleading when you keep it in context.

·
Banned
88 Posts
I just did the modification to the magwell not too long ago and its not as hard as I thought. But yes on the American SL8s you do need to modify.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts