HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a lineup on a sweet deal for a good looking P7M8 and he's interested in a Kimber Team Match II. The problem is that he doesn't want to do an FFL he is insistent on a FTF so this is where my quandary lies. I live about 400 miles north of Vegas near Carson City.

If there is anybody planning on going to Vegas or Pahrump for any reason or if any members that live down there could help me out I'll make it worth your while. This fella lives in the SW part of Vegas so Pahrump is right over the hill.

Ultimately the best scenario would be if there is anybody in this group that would want to do a straight trade. :wink:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've got a lineup on a sweet deal for a good looking P7M8 and he's interested in a Kimber Team Match II. The problem is that he doesn't want to do an FFL he is insistent on a FTF so this is where my quandary lies. I live about 400 miles north of Vegas near Carson City.

If there is anybody planning on going to Vegas or Pahrump for any reason or if any members that live down there could help me out I'll make it worth your while. This fella lives in the SW part of Vegas so Pahrump is right over the hill.

Ultimately the best scenario would be if there is anybody in this group that would want to do a straight trade. :wink:
So what the reason not to use a FFL?

Know any Douglas County Sheriffs? If you do PM me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just a note: If I arrange this my fee is a HK P2000 357 Sig.:72:

It would go so good with my P2000 SK 357 Sig.:wink:

·
Registered
363 Posts

Hey tower dog, I live in las Vegas, what are you needing me to do? I would be happy to help.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So what the reason not to use a FFL?

Know any Douglas County Sheriffs? If you do PM me.
Unfortunately I don't. :(
He stated that he had a bad dealing w/ one of the LGS's in his area and says he doesn't wanna drive all the way from the SW Vegas boonies to find another one. But I can understand somewhat if the guy wants to see what he's getting but I said it goes both ways. That's why I send a ton of hi res photos.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow!! that's a hefty fee there Onacoma!! But I can dig it, I just bought mine, it's dead sexy!! ;)
You posted pictures of yours and make us envious! I have a HK P2000 SK in 357 Sig so I know how nice they and the full size are as shooters! A little humor.

My step-son is a sheriff in Douglas County. I maybe up your way in June if this deal can wait that long. PM me and we'll figure something out.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Unless Nevada state law requires a FFL for in-state transfers you can ship the pistol to him and vv. FFL is only required for interstate transfers -- transfers between residents of different states (regardless of where the trade takes place).

A transfer between residents of the same state required no Federal Firearms Licensee intervention -- again, regardless of where the trade takes place.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unless Nevada state law requires a FFL for in-state transfers you can ship the pistol to him and vv. FFL is only required for interstate transfers -- transfers between residents of different states (regardless of where the trade takes place).

A transfer between residents of the same state required no Federal Firearms Licensee intervention -- again, regardless of where the trade takes place.

-- Chuck
You're correct, But when I use my gun dealer I can in most cases get with the FFL guy on the other end and confirm condition on the gun and whatever else. But you are right. Besides, as I stated he does want FTF and to do the touchy feely thing. I can understand his point of view as well.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You posted pictures of yours and make us envious! I have a HK P2000 SK in 357 Sig so I know how nice they and the full size are as shooters! A little humor.

My step-son is a sheriff in Douglas County. I maybe up your way in June if this deal can wait that long. PM me and we'll figure something out.
I think I have chango872 squared away, just waiting on a couple of logistical things to sort out. I don't think he'll wait till June, said he'll give me a bit of time then it goes to GB and his price goes up. :(
I'm glad you didn't see pics of my solid gold, titanium bbl, HK P2SK .357 w/ 45Karat custom stippled diamond grips!! ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
That was your pimp gun?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
If he was pimping in Douglas County he couldn't afford the the P2000 let alone the described pimp gun! You know I didn't think of this, maybe towerdog is a armed guard at the Mustang Ranch or Kit Kat House!

Again held south! Anyway towerdog that is a nice P2000 you just purchased! Good luck with your trade.

·
Registered
363 Posts

If your that jealous I posted 2 nib p2000 v2 for sale buy it now on gunbroker in the heads up section. $780 & $699 respectively.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If your that jealous I posted 2 nib p2000 v2 for sale buy it now on gunbroker in the heads up section. $780 & $699 respectively.
Now if you came down to the $650 tower paid I might be interested. 357 sig only.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Now if you came down to the $650 tower paid I might be interested. 357 sig only.

They are not mine, I saw them on gunbroker and put them in the heads up section. They are both 357 sig and New In Box not used. I think $699 is a good price.
THANK YOU for the heads up on the P2000! I've got a 357 sig search engine on GB.com that emails me all the listing everyday. I pick up my last P2000 SK .357 Sig on GB.com for $600.00. It was used but in 99% condition. So all in with shipping, FFL, and NICS is was at ± $680.00. When they get below the $650.00 mark I'm a sucker. Now i'm waiting on my P2000 SK 40 S & W/.357 Sig (40 SW with additional 357 sig barrel) to get back from Robar. My daily carry is the use SK from GB.com. As a note all 3 of mine I converted to a V1.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That was your pimp gun?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Fer Shizzle!! :wink:

THANK YOU for the heads up on the P2000! I've got a 357 sig search engine on GB.com that emails me all the listing everyday. I pick up my last P2000 SK .357 Sig on GB.com for $600.00. It was used but in 99% condition. So all in with shipping, FFL, and NICS is was at ± $680.00. When they get below the $650.00 mark I'm a sucker. Now i'm waiting on my P2000 SK 40 S & W/.357 Sig (40 SW with additional 357 sig barrel) to get back from Robar. My daily carry is the use SK from GB.com. As a note all 3 of mine I converted to a V1.
Now I'm envious!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Now I'm envious!!
Next time I'm up to see the family, if time permits, I meet you at the dump and we'll shoot at the range there. If you only have a V2, you'll really like the V1 trigger pull.

Note the Gardnerville gun range is at the dump.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Next time I'm up to see the family, if time permits, I meet you at the dump and we'll shoot at the range there. If you only have a V2, you'll really like the V1 trigger pull.

Note the Gardnerville gun range is at the dump.
That's where I do my qualifying at, that'll be cool.:62:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts