HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've decided to add a HK style rifle to my collection again. I had an orignal HK 93 and 94 many many years ago and foolishly sold them for less then I paid. This was before the ban.

With the prices of 5.56 being so high I'm looking for a 9mm of some type. My first thoughts were a HK MP5 clone. Looking as the CA94. Then I found some HK USC's.

I can't make up my mine between the CA94, a slightly used Bobcat or a factory black HK USC I'd convert to a civi legal UMP.

Price not being the object, which of these projects seems better. I can't make up my mind.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The MP5 clones can be had in the low $1K range.

Speaking from experience, my USC/UMP conversion ended up a little over $3K (that's with case, tac light, optics etc).

The USC/UMP's big advantage over the MP5 clones is that it's genuine H&K, but you pay accordingly.

If money is no object, then I'd say get both. If you gotta pick one, I'd go with the MP5 clone. In the long run if you really get into it and want to take the hobby to the next level, you can always find a pre-86 full-auto lower for it (again, priced accordingly), where you can't do that for the UMP.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
check out the range reports section.Might help steer you in some direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts