HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a NEW c&p'd navy SEF lower off of GB. Buyer provided a very nice product for a good price. The mill job is nice and clean, thing is new as advertised.
I've installed it on an IGF built Vector V-93 receiver and there's a little slop on the shelf. The grip frame will move up and down about 1/8th inch.

I don't know if it will affect function or not, I'll be testing it later today. But it bugs the heck outta me. With my OCD maybe I should stick with genuine HK.
How to fix?
If I weld material back into the grip frame I'll most likely melt the grip frame. But I'd rather not do any welding on the shelf as I'd like to be able to maintain modularity and be able to install any c&p'd lower out there, not use a special one that fits. I considered drilling and tapping the shelf and using set screws from underneath to make it a kind of adjustable shelf, giving the grip frame a place to sit that's flexible in it's position.

Input from the board is welcome, be it leave it, fix it, or have it fixed.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I recently used some two part epoxy to "pin" a lower, stuck pretty well. Epoxy a piece of plastic in place and file it to the correct height.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you recommend this on the shelf or in the opening of the grip frame?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
You can do this also. Your shelf is low and needs a shim. Remove the finish from the top of the shelf. Apply JB weld and let dry. When dry, with a steel file make it pretty and to fit. You can also paint that also if you like. If need be you can always file off all the JB weld back to where you began.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I had to weld a piece of drill rod to the grip frame on the last two C&P lower I got. Just tack welds, no melting. Im not found of wedging or gluing anything in there...

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, for the input.
Many moons ago I had to do the same thing to a Hesse receiver shelf. I used JB weld to build up and fit the shelf then once I was happy I mic'd the shelf, removed the JB, and welded a shim in place. Some filing to reach my measured shelf and it was golden. For some reason it seemed to "wrong" in a way to mod the shelf but if the shelf really is to low then that's where the mod needs to be so other grips will fit. For some reason I feel like since Jayson built the gun it would be safe to assume the shelf was in the right spot.
Is there a golden standard for shelf heigth?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts