HKPRO Forums banner

Need help CA89K

3543 19
I got my CA89k back in April just had a chance to take her to range today and put 100 rounds through it 1 HK curved 40rds 1HK straight 30rds and mag that came with gun 30 rds GH HK mags had 5 FTF 2 FTE same with straight mag other mag just as bad shell was lodge in receiver don't know wether its the bolt or extractor pin reallynot happy like the gun but I want it to work bragged to my friends about the gun now I look foolish $1180 for a gun that works sometime any and all sugestions greatly appreicated?Was using S&B ammo
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
I got my CA89k back in April just had a chance to take her to range today and put 100 rounds through it 1 HK curved 40rds 1HK straight 30rds and mag that came with gun 30 rds GH HK mags had 5 FTF 2 FTE same with straight mag other mag just as bad shell was lodge in receiver don't know wether its the bolt or extractor pin reallynot happy like the gun but I want it to work bragged to my friends about the gun now I look foolish $1180 for a gun that works sometime any and all sugestions greatly appreicated?Was using S&B ammo
Something makes me think you need a real German mag. The 40 rds are not HK. The Stick straight mags are notoriously poor in clones. And the one that came with the gun is usually an issue (I have one that is JH date coded and it is not German....put it next to a GMBH mag and you will see the subtle diffs). Get a real 50 buck German mags and the K's normally run great. I have three and none had any failure issues out of the box. These are all late models. Put in the mags they shipped with or straight mags......FTF over and over.
P.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sounds like it might have those Rim Country Manufacturing parts in it, O' wait a minute this is a NEW gun. Sorry, My Bad! Just making a point guys.
You should think about getting your own forum so you can rant to your hearts content. Of the 49 posts you have made since being a member, more than half are bashing TB or his products. I don't know you and have never used any of your products so I can't say who is right or wrong, but having to listen to this petty crap is getting pretty annoying. If you make a quality product, your customers will speak for you...if not they will speak even louder. Just give it a rest already.:mad:

·
Banned
816 Posts
Dude, Im not here to start a flame war with you, but didn't you just write a thread apologizing to the forum for all the crap and you said you wouldn't do it anymore? Wow...that lasted a couple of hours. --sigh-- whatever....:490:
I did apologize for name calling and pissing matches. I thought I did avoid that in my post. It was just a sarcastic statement with no harm ment

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
If you want to get rid of it for what you paid for it we can probably work out a deal. Where are you located?

·
Registered
242 Posts
If it's OK with you guys, let's get this thread back to the original topic......

Like Polygonal Guy mentioned, it would probably help if you use HK mags in the gun. Sometimes these guns need some "tweaking" to get them to run 100%. Usually it may just need an extractor spring or extractor, but sometimes they need a little more. Be patient and don't sell it, you'll regret it later. They aren't supposed to be making any more of the CA89k versions.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Spend $50 to buy a real HK 30rd mag. If you don't want to invest anymore, send the gun to my FFL, I will send you a check for $1150 +35 s&h, then everybody will be happy

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
spend the roughly 400 hundred dollars to buy all HK replacement parts where it counts most and hopefully it will work perfectly

My CA94 was a 1200 dollar paper weight when I got it until I replaced a ton of parts and now its a champ thanks to German quality parts and good Ol' Adam Webber. I swear that guy has made like 1700 bucks off of me in parts

Now the only time my weapon jams is after I neglect to clean it in like 1500 rounds and even then it just jams like one FTE in 300 rounds

PS, I am with bronco because I was treated so terribly by the Coharie owners/shysters (what can I say I am vindictive!) but in lieu of getting flamed I keep my quiet, lol haha never thought I'd see the old HKpro site semi-friendly to him/her

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
The only problems that I've had with the CA89 and CA89k that I've bought over the last year (both have the newest model trigger packs) have been with the $8 extractor spring. Coharie uses a lighter strength (smaller gauge wire) spring than the standard HKs. Those two springs were switched out and they've both been running fine ever since.

You can check spring tension by using your index finger to see if you can pull the extractor up a bit without much pressure. It should be very stiff and difficult to move. If it's loose, you might need to upgrade the spring.

The HK curved mags work the best.

Here are the two. The top one is an HK spring and the bottom one, with the extra bend, is the Coharie.

·
Registered
871 Posts
The only problems that I've had with the CA89 and CA89k that I've bought over the last year (both have the newest model trigger packs) have been with the $8 extractor spring. Coharie uses a lighter strength (smaller gauge wire) spring than the standard HKs. Those two springs were switched out and they've both been running fine ever since.

You can check spring tension by using your index finger to see if you can pull the extractor up a bit without much pressure. It should be very stiff and difficult to move. If it's loose, you might need to upgrade the spring.

The HK curved mags work the best.

Here are the two. The top one is an HK spring and the bottom one, with the extra bend, is the Coharie.

Retro. My CA89k runs great out of the box. My CA94/40 from Vector ran real good untill I got about 200 rounds through her and them I started to get ftf.
I'm useing CA's mags. Would it help to change the extractor spring?

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Retro. My CA89k runs great out of the box. My CA94/40 from Vector ran real good untill I got about 200 rounds through her and them I started to get ftf.
I'm useing CA's mags. Would it help to change the extractor spring?
Maybe. You can check and see. But in all honesty, anyone with these guns should have a few extra extractor springs laying around just for replacement anyway.

But go ahead and check the other simple stuff too, like bolt gap, and any notable wear on the extractor. They should be fine but it never hurts to check them anyway.

·
Registered
246 Posts
+1 on the mags....the 40 round asian mags just don't work and yes, some guns don't like the old straight mags....and as with trouble-shooting any system, try the simplest most common fixes first....
Will throwing $400 worth of parts at the problem fix it?....most likely.....But, you will most likely be replacing some parts that are perfectly okay. Plus you'll miss out on learning how one part affects the whole gun as a system....

·
Registered
475 Posts
+1 on trying real 30rd german magazines.

However, check if you have play between the lower and the receiver. Of 3 CA guns that I've seen with FTF/FTE issues, were all due to play between the poly lower and the receiver. The extractor does not contact the casing in with the correct geometry to properly eject the round.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.