HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 51 made by the un-named company with a cast reciever. It currently has a "K" model stock - I absolutely hate the Choate K folding stock on this weapon. It has a recoil rod that appears to be set up for a standard 91 type weapon.

Does anyone have any stock option ideas?

Would anyone be willing to trade a 91 / G3 collapsible stock for same? I also have an additional K type stock set up for an MP5K that I would be willing to part with as another option. The MP5 stock is basically new - just fitted to the weapon and was replaced by a B&T. Both stocks are made by Choate.

Thanks in advance.
Chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
422 Posts
A3 stock pros:

cool factor is very high
Compact gun(when closed)

Cons:

Not very comfortable
Very heavy
Not fun on the cheak

I would say the best all around is probably an A2 stock but I own a A3 stock on my HK51, so the 'Pros' for me outweight the 'cons'.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Jayson Cotter is currently modifying my collapsing stock and A2 stock to a removable recoil assembly. That way the recoil spring will be a separate piece (think Hk53/33/93/94/etc.) so in the field I can put either stock on the gun, but the A2 will fit in my range tool box easily as it will be much shorter without the recoil rod fixed.

Are you sure your SW51 uses a factory length 91/G3 rod? Every 51 I have ever seen used either a shortened (slightly) recoil rod, or the plunger type like Vector Arms uses. You may have to have the G3 collapsing stock recoil rod shortened.

FWIW

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a 51 made by the un-named company with a cast reciever. It currently has a "K" model stock - I absolutely hate the Choate K folding stock on this weapon. It has a recoil rod that appears to be set up for a standard 91 type weapon.

Does anyone have any stock option ideas?

Would anyone be willing to trade a 91 / G3 collapsible stock for same? I also have an additional K type stock set up for an MP5K that I would be willing to part with as another option. The MP5 stock is basically new - just fitted to the weapon and was replaced by a B&T. Both stocks are made by Choate.

Thanks in advance.
Chris
[email protected]
CAST RECEIVER GENTLEMAN. THERE ARE TWO OPTIONS ONLY. THE CHOATE FOLDER OR THE B&T FOLDER. STAY AWAY FROM THE CLONE B&T. hopefully this helps srt

Shawn

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
51 stock options continued

Can I convert the Choate k model base to accept the A2 stock?
Or - does anyone have a stock they are willing to part with?
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a full auto HK51. I display it on the safe door with the A3. I shoot it with the A2 and a E&L butt pad. I use the same recoil rod and spring with both. I used the A3 once, the bruise was not worth the "cool".

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock options continued

Does anyone wish to part with an A2 stock for the 51?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts