HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally managed to get a Lobos Trigger and I'm trying to install it on my VP9SK. Every thing was going well until it came time to remove the "Stop Bolt for Trigger" which is Part 9 of the Exploded Diagram in the VP9 Operator's Manual. The Bolt (or Pin) does not go all the way through the frame and can only be pushed out from the inside. Since it can only be accessed by reaching down into the locking block it makes it a bear to get any pressure to push it out. I have tried using prying it out with round punches, screw drivers, etc. The only way I can see to push it out is by prying against the opposite side of the locking block. So far I cannot get it to budge. Is there something I should be doing that I am not? If anyone has ever removed this Bolt please let me know how you did it. I have done quite a bit of work on firearms including building several AR's but nothing has ever stumped me like this and caused me to say so many bad words. Advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I finally managed to get a Lobos Trigger and I'm trying to install it on my VP9SK. Every thing was going well until it came time to remove the "Stop Bolt for Trigger" which is Part 9 of the Exploded Diagram in the VP9 Operator's Manual. The Bolt (or Pin) does not go all the way through the frame and can only be pushed out from the inside. Since it can only be accessed by reaching down into the locking block it makes it a bear to get any pressure to push it out. I have tried using prying it out with round punches, screw drivers, etc. The only way I can see to push it out is by prying against the opposite side of the locking block. So far I cannot get it to budge. Is there something I should be doing that I am not? If anyone has ever removed this Bolt please let me know how you did it. I have done quite a bit of work on firearms including building several AR's but nothing has ever stumped me like this and caused me to say so many bad words. Advice is greatly appreciated.
it just pushes out when you put pressure from the inside
i used a dental instrument (i have lots, lol)

·
Registered
120 Posts
it just pushes out when you put pressure from the inside
i used a dental instrument (i have lots, lol)
exactly what was said! I used a flat hefty screw driver, I was told to give it a tap on the outside too push it (a smidgen ) in too break the loctite that is used in factory it is a bear I know but if I did it so can you! Do not let that little thing win, you got this

·
Registered
13 Posts
OP, was this ever resolved? I just got my Lobos trigger too, watched the vids, saw the thread here and the Lobos stuff...no dice. I'm flexing the frame and about to bend the damn locking block. This trigger stop bolt WILL NOT BUDGE.

I've done the "tap if from the outside to break the thread lock from the factory" as well and have bent three punches trying to move it.
#help

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
It was a major pain in the rear to deal with but eventually I too was able to get it out after a many choice words and about 15 mins of my time and frustration

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
The stop bolt comes out easy if the leverage pressure is applied inside the frame directly in line with the stop bolt. I used a spacer to fill the gap between the frame and screwdriver I used as a lever. If I had to do it again -and I will- I'd use some penetrating oil on the stop bolt the day before. All I can say is that the mod is so worth the wait and trouble......

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
The stop bolt comes out easy if the leverage pressure is applied inside the frame directly in line with the stop bolt. I used a spacer to fill the gap between the frame and screwdriver I used as a lever. If I had to do it again -and I will- I'd use some penetrating oil on the stop bolt the day before. All I can say is that the mod is so worth the wait and trouble......
Definitely trying that on the next one. The install is a piece of cake other than that damn pin

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'm sure its great but I honestly don't have much complaints about factory triggers and especially not the VP and PPQ's I own - there are guys that will mod their PPQ trigger to be even lighter than the 4.5-5lbs that it is and I'm like "why" - but I get it, we all like to tinker and mod our toys -

Although its different than my PPQ trigger I do think they are equally both the best striker triggers on the market - there is zero creep on the VP9's trigger its amazing, wall is well defined and then snap.

Lobos makes a good product, he posted something a few months ago about doing P30 work which made me excited, a shorter reset drop in trigger kit would be nice -

·
Registered
13 Posts
There has to be something wrong with mine. I just snapped a damn 3/16" hex wrench in half trying to pry this f*cker out. I'm either returning/selling the trigger or throwing the whole mess in the trash. Been carrying my full-size VP9 in the meantime. I can't even find a local gunsmith to tackle it.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
There has to be something wrong with mine. I just snapped a damn 3/16" hex wrench in half trying to pry this f*cker out. I'm either returning/selling the trigger or throwing the whole mess in the trash. Been carrying my full-size VP9 in the meantime. I can't even find a local gunsmith to tackle it.
Saw on fb group a guy used a small punch on the outside then used a needle nose pliers to push it out from the inside.

Picture from Mark Weinberg from the HK VP Group on Facepage

·
Registered
18,643 Posts
Didn't see any Locktite on that bolt when I disassembled mine. One slight push with the butt of a punch was all it took to get it to come off and I had the whole tutorial to prove it. LOL

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
You wouldn't happen to be in Northern Utah, would you? If so, I'll do it. No charge. If not, don't throw the Lobos trigger away!

·
Registered
231 Posts
With one of the most amazing triggers out of the box........... why oh why??

If modding is your game, get a glock?

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
With one of the most amazing triggers out of the box........... why oh why??

If modding is your game, get a glock?
Because if you can take an already super amazing trigger and bring it one notch closer to pure perfection, why not?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, I've calmed down some, Lol. I'm not going to throw anything away. I came back from another larger gunsmith shop and he couldn't get it to budge either. Same as me....said he was flexing the frame and didn't want to pemanently break anything. I'm not sure what to do now. I may try to put it in my full-size VP9 to see it that pin comes out any easier.

Is there an HK service center in the US that I could call? Would they do anything?
I'm in Ohio.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts