HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
It may void your warranty but obviously this guy is having zero luck - its worth giving them a call -

Personally I'd sell the friggin thing, way too much of a hassle -

·
Registered
13 Posts
@thejerkman Yes I did. Didn't work. I can tap it in, then back to same spot going out, but no further. I have been told to try heat or send it back to HK. Anyone thing overnight in the freezer might help?!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I did not get mine out yet but to be honest I only spent a couple of minutes trying after watching the video. I was in the middle of packing to move to our new home, then the hurricane came, the movers backed out at the last minute and on and on. I will read what other's have written and watch the video again then try it one more time. Thanks for all the responses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have done all the same stuff with prying. Using screwdriver and Hammer. I have the roll pin out of the block as mentioned. I did ask the tricks you have here, needle nose doesn't fit very well and afraid I'm pushing on part of the roofer against the block when doing so. Iv bent punches. I tried the push it in a little bit, but maybe I'm not pushing it far enough. Same thing i pushed it in and then came back out to the same spot. I'm located in AZ if anyone is willing to help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Resurrecting an old thread .... Well I finally got around to working on the VP9SK Lobos trigger install after many frustrating attempts. With the hurricane, move to the new house and so on it kind of got put on the back burner. And to be honest, I was a little, no rather a lot frustrated with the install due to the Stop Bolt. Now you have to understand I made at least a half dozen attempts at trying to get the Stop Bolt out but nothing seemed to work. I tried everything I could find in this thread and watched every youtube video on installing the Lobos trigger and complete disassembly of the VP9 available.

The other day I had some spare time and I decided to give it another go. I got out my VP9SK along with my array of gunsmiths tools and I was ready for battle. The first tool I reached for was a standard flathead screwdriver that was about 1/4" wide. At first I tried using the flat face to pry the pin out to no avail ..... Then I tried using several other screwdrivers, punches and even some dentist tools (bent the hell out of one of them). Frustration began to set in again so I decided to make myself a strong rum and coke, and I mean strong. After a couple of gulps I returned to the original 1/4" wide screwdriver. I turned it 90 degrees so that the edge of it was against the pin and started prying - the same technique I have tried numerous time before. I started prying harder and harder and all of the sudden I heard a loud "Pop" sound. At this point I figured it could be one or two things that happened, either the pin came loose, or I just cracked the polymer frame. As I looked down I saw the Stop Bolt protruding outside of the frame by approximately 1/8". Glory be to God! I swithched over to a curved dentist tool and pushed it out all the way.

The rest went pretty well except for putting in (and keeping in) the little elbow spring that goes between the locking block and the dismounting safety. That was a real pain in the rear because you have to sandwich the spring between the locking block and dismounting safety, rotate the dismounting safety until it grabs the spring then hold it all together until you install it into the frame. Oh yeah, don't forget to install the pressure spring for the slide release before you install the locking block assembly. All in all it took me about 45 minutes if you count mixing two drinks and helping the little lady bring in the groceries.

After all is said and done, I am extremely happy with the Lobos trigger. I am not sure why I had so much trouble with getting the Stop Bolt out or what I did differently this time to get it out, but I am glad it is finally done. I will say that assembling an AR is much easier and I can really appreciate the simplicity of a Glock. That being said, the feel of the trigger is well worth trouble. Hopefully others will have better luck than me. Oh yeah, I am not sure if the Lobos trigger is supposed to affect the trigger pull, but according to my trigger pull gauge, my VP9SK went from a consistent 5 lb pull with the stock trigger to a 4 1/2 lb (sometimes a hair less) pull with the Lobos trigger. Very Nice.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hey hey, glad to hear that you got it out, got it in, and are happy with it.
I was reading thru the thread, and while I was reading, I was thinking.....put a sliver of dry ice on it, long enough to make it cold enough to contract, then try it again. But I'm glad you got it resolved! :D
BTW I'm very jealous. I'd love to have one of those for mine ;)

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
That's great news! I do wonder why the stop bolt was so difficult to remove on yours. Mine gave considerable resistance but came out the first try. All in all, it is a worthwhile mod. Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did a Lazy Wolf V3 trigger install on the HK VP9 Tactical. Trigger stop bolt pin was cemented in mine too. Punched it through a bit to get it unstuck. Clp’d both sides, soak. Bent a punch, punched a bench. Cussed. Came to the forum. Then, using the forum advice, i used the edge of 1/4” screwdriver(tape the head and shank with etape to prevent scuffs on the trigger housing). I pushed the trigger stop pin in slightly with a punch and back out with the screwdriver to the normal depth about 20-30x. It wouldnt budge any further out. I was not happy. 🤬

Then, clping the hole and pin the whole time, instead of steady and extremely hard pressure to push the bolt out, i gave it a quick, medium force push(pop) with the edge of the screwdriver and the sob broke through and came out easily after that. I immediately pushed it in and pushed it back out again like it was nothing the second time just to spite the stinkin krauts who raised my blood pressure. There is some sort of cement on that sucker. It is crusty; u can see it. Alternate patience and cussing and you will get there.

PSA - I discovered that LWV3 adjustable straight trigger works well with stock recoil rod/spring(22#), stock trigger return spring, hkparts ultra match sear/return spring.

I tried HK parts steel recoil rod at #18 and the spring is horribly weak and unusable for this pistol. I can push the pistol out of battery with a quick jab movement in the air. No go bro. Nice rod but throughout this process i discovered my stock recoil rod is surprisingly steel/metal. I’ll be sending the hkpartssteel recoil assembly back for a refund.

Also, HKparts Ultra match trigger return spring will not return the lwv3 trigger reliably. The trigger gets hung up on slow releases and function checks. The ultra match sear spring seems to function as it should

All of this work dropped me down to a much smooth 4#, 1inch bang with a 1/2” crisp reset, wall, bang. I suppose thats why it costs $144. It works and looks great. I say it was worth it. I hope this helps out other hk noobs who are struggling.

Semper Paratus,

BB

21 - 37 of 37 Posts