HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a small safe that I can use on a bedside table, transport to the car, and use for travel as well. Is there a safe that will do all three? I have read a lot of bad reviews on different sites, so I thought I would ask this board.

Does anyone have any experience, guidance , or recommendations?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I'm looking for a small safe that I can use on a bedside table, transport to the car, and use for travel as well. Is there a safe that will do all three? I have read a lot of bad reviews on different sites, so I thought I would ask this board.

Does anyone have any experience, guidance , or recommendations?Thank you.
After your Hk collection grows out of control:
I bought two Champion safes over the past few years. Amercian made with the proper tensile steel. Quality safes at a fair price. the model I bought are the Triumph Series, T40. Both are in the least expensive textured granite finish. If you want to please your wife and impress your friends, go with the beautiful high gloss finish.
Main site: Gun Safes | Home Safes | Fireproof Safes - Champion Safe Co
Triumph link:Gun Safes | Home Safes | Fireproof Safes - Champion Safe Co
Save your money and don't buy any safes made in China. Inferior steel with inferior assembly resulting in little security.
I understand the Federal and many state agencies do not entertain bids for Chinese manufactured safes due to the questionable material choices.

·
Banned
599 Posts
pleasse do keep in my mind that otherwise then keeping children out these safeboxes have no other value then that if they are not welded or bolted down. thiefs will take there time elsewhere and simply will take the safe or vault with them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
pleasse do keep in my mind that otherwise then keeping children out these safeboxes have no other value then that if they are not welded or bolted down. thiefs will take there time elsewhere and simply will take the safe or vault with them.
Very true.

If I were to purchase a small security box for bedside duty it would definitely be the Fort Knox pistol box/handgun safe.
If you are looking for something a little lighter and more portable, you could look into gunvault with a combination lock. I don't like electronic locks as I've had two fail on me before.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been using a Gunvault Deluxe for about 6 years now and it has served me well. Easy to open by feel in the darkness plus you can either have it be silent or it can beep when you enter the combo. I use mine because I have small children in the house and wanted something secure for overnight bedside storage.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help. I think I am going to go for the Ft. Knox. SInce I am an HK guy, I guess I should buy the best safe too!

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I've been using a Gunvault Deluxe for about 6 years now and it has served me well. Easy to open by feel in the darkness plus you can either have it be silent or it can beep when you enter the combo. I use mine because I have small children in the house and wanted something secure for overnight bedside storage.
Same here.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have an ArmLock 2. Here's a link to some info on it: Franzen Armloc II Pistol Case

I also know a few guys who use the Sportlock or Stack-On's copy of it, but it only has a key lock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
+1 on v-line. Own 3, all the compact model for just the purposes you are looking for. It's main feature is the simplex lock: totally reliable. The ft. knox also utilizes the simplex lock feature, but it is a little more expensive. These gun cases are not intended to take the place of a gun safe which can keep your gun from being stolen. These gun cases are to keep unauthorized hands from easy access to your weapon while making it accessable to you in a hurry. I have had significant dealings with v-line customer service and it is outstanding.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I've always been a Gunvault fan. I have two in the house. One of them has recently started eating through batteries every couple of weeks. While searching for a fix it seems that this more common than I would have thought and apparently there isn't a fix besides replacement. It's eroded my confidence in the product and has me looking for new solution. I've entertained purchasing the Deluxe model but considering the current location is in a very nice piece of furniture that I don't want to drill holes in, I've decided against this. The search continues.....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A friend told me to look at Barska.com . These look really good, and the reviews I have read are outstanding. My P200sk is ready for a place to sleep...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts