HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
needing some info for the start of build, first is how many 922 parts do i need and what parts count? if anybody has the AR mag conversion and do you have any problems with operation? last, if anybody has any good info on what to do/ not do, that they learned from their build, thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
I think the number of non-US parts that need to be replaced for 922r compliance is 5 or 6. On my G36 clone, I have 6 (bolt, trigger, sear, piston, mag baseplate and follower). The AR magwell conversion has mixed success. Some instances of inconsistent operation of the BHO, plus the mag release is more awkward than the normal G36 paddle. Unless you are too cheap to buy mags, it's better to go with the G36 magwell and use the Magpul G36 mags if you really need the 3 US made parts.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
5 for the G36. I went with the op rod, trigger,sear, mag floor plate and follower. HDPS op rod,trigger and an Omega sear. Tommy Bostic floor plate and follower. Also purchased several magpul G36 mags.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
You can also modify AR15 magazine followers to fit G36 magazines. There is an old tutorial here, somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts