HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do to some cash problems I'm having I'm forced to sell a few things that I never planned on getting rid of. And since I don't want to sell my 91 I'm thinking about selling my g3 22 conversion kit. I just have no idea what it is worth i've only seen a few for sale and mostly missing something. I bought mine with the rifle and was told they were both bought new at the same time.
Any help in pricing it would be great. As far as I know it is new in the box with just slight marks on the mags from me messing around with them. This is the G3 model with the HK labled manual and import markings, I say this because I was told some were made for the 91 also, some were also made in the us. It is IA date coded and all matching parts, I've included a few pictures hoping they may help. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,780 Posts
You actually have the HK91 compatible model. They go for $350-500 generally. I am interested at $350.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tom's right, it's the 91 kit. Mine looks exactly the same, including the "G3" booklet. I bought mine brand new as well for $550 (that included shipping). At the time i bought mine (a couple of months ago), i saw most of them for about $700-$800 (new and used). Though i know Tom knows a hell of a lot more than i do, so maybe the price finally dropped. Good luck w/ the sale! :480:

kevin

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I was searching for one, the market was pretty dry and I ended up paying $500 (with ship) and it only had one mag. Considering it seems to be NIB I would personally ask about $600. Check around and see what other prices you can come up with. Offer it up for sale, if no one bites, lower your price a little. Best of luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, everyone for your help and the large amount of private messages. I guess when I first asked this morning I was thinking it was worth alittle more. The only one I could find after searching for ever was a used one at sportsman guide and had a book labled HK 91 for 800.00 bucks plus shipping. So I didn't really know if or how rare these might be and was hoping it would be worth close to that. So I think for now I'm just going to try to keep it if I can.
I do have on question the one on sportsman guide had a book labled HK 91, how do you tell the differance. I almost made a big mistake today and sold it to someone who said they would pay X and was very interested if G3 and not 91. I'm glad I held off for feedback from you guys because, I would have screwed him without knowing.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
If you decide to keep and use it, you will find that it's one of the best and most enjoyable accessories for that rifle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hkbwb said:
I do have on question the one on sportsman guide had a book labled HK 91, how do you tell the differance. I almost made a big mistake today and sold it to someone who said they would pay X and was very interested if G3 and not 91. I'm glad I held off for feedback from you guys because, I would have screwed him without knowing.
HK 91/G3 Differences

I had a similar question about a month or two ago. I hope this helps.

kevin

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been thinking about one of these as well

My rifle is and FMP Interport build with FMP parts and a Full auto carrier?

Which one (G3 or 91) of these would best work in it?

JR

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought one that doesn't fit my FA91 clone. I have it priced at $450 which is what I have in it but besides a couple low ball offers I haven't had any interest yet. Sportsman's guide has them in catalog at $539 plus shipping the last I knew. I don't mind much as I'll eventually upgrade to a rifle it will fit anyway, but that's my market price info for what it is worth.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have been thinking about one of these as well
My rifle is and FMP Interport build with FMP parts and a Full auto carrier?
Which one (G3 or 91) of these would best work in it?
JR
I assume your gun is semi but either one will work in your gun. The G3 kit in a semi rifle requires a spacer over the guide rod to prevent over-cocking the action and causing a jam. The extension on the rear of the 91 kit does the job w/o a spacer although I use one anyway.

I've seen kits selling for $429 less than a year ago.

·
2,832 Posts
the Sportsmans Guides G3 kits are sold elseware for $400-450(dans ammo, Numrich and some other places)

paid $500(maybe 550) I think for my HK91 kit, NIB maybe $600-ish

a 93/33 kit would sell for $800-900

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry to rehash an old thread, but I want to make sure I understand something: both the FA and SA kits will work in a semi auto gun?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to rehash an old thread, but I want to make sure I understand something: both the FA and SA kits will work in a semi auto gun?

Correct.

Either kit will work in both an HK91 or a G3. The difference is that the G3's trigger group, since it has an auto-sear that engages the second notch on the hammer, holds the hammer slightly lower than the HK91's trigger group. The hammer on the HK91, when cocked, sits just high enough to catch on the underside of the bolt for the G3's .22 kit.

The extension on the rear of the bolt for the HK91 .22 kit keeps the bolt from going far enough to the rear for this to be an issue when manually charging the bolt.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
And if you have a G3 kit on a semi-auto gun, I've read that a short length of rubber hose like what you find in an auto parts store can be used to make up the length of that extension. Search around and I bet you can find the right length.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I use a piece of 1/2" PEX that is 4 1/8" long. Most will tell you to go shorter, but I can't see why. I started long and trimmed until the bolt carrier group would fully clear the ejection port when manually charging. I've put probably 2500 rounds or more through it without issue (barring ammo or my dumb ass putting the extractor in backwards) in this configuration.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts