HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at the HK website and it says the HK USP Compact Tactical takes 10 round magazines. However then I read that the USP Compact 45 takes 8 round magazines. The issue is that the magazines in the picture look the same but are they the same? Is the HK website wrong?

I have two Colt's which I never fire. I also have a Glock 30 SF. I'm thinking of dumping all of them and getting an HK USP Compact and an HK USP Tactical. I'm even thinking of dumping an entire collection of 9mm's and going all HK 45.

To be blunt the HK pistol thing is somewhat confusing with all the different models but I'm sure I want a 45 USP compact but can't tell if it takes 10 or 8 round magazines.

Any clarification would help.

Thanks,

7n6

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
That is an 8rd in the link.The HK45c does indeed use the same mag.The HK45 10rd with or without the extended base plate also.

·
Registered
596 Posts
The 10rd mag is the one commonly referred to as the "elephant's foot" mag. :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Just as the glock 30 takes the longer mags from the glock 21, the HK compact 45s take the longer 10 round mag from the full size HK45. They also have a modified version of the full sized mag with a sleeve / modified baseplate on the lower half of it just as you can get a sleeve to go on the glock 21 mag so it feels better when in the glock 30. This is sorta kinda an accurate descripton / comparison but if you see the mags you will instantly understand. The standard mag for the compact HK 45s is an 8 rnd mag.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The USPc .45 and the HK45c have interchangeable 8rd standard mags and 10 rd "elephant's foot" mags, which also, of course fit the T versions. The pic for the HK45cT on the HK-USA site shows the version of the "elephant's foot" mag that comes standard for the HK45cT. The normal "elephant's foot" mag that fits all versions of the c .45s has a slightly more angular front edge. Both the USPc .45 and the HK45c can also use the 10 rd mag for the HK45 full sized gun. The mags for the USP .45 full sized gun are slightly wider than the mags for the c .45s and cannot fit either one of the c or the HK45.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
The USPc .45 and the HK45c have interchangeable 8rd standard mags and 10 rd "elephant's foot" mags, which also, of course fit the T versions. The pic for the HK45cT on the HK-USA site shows the version of the "elephant's foot" mag that comes standard for the HK45cT. The normal "elephant's foot" mag that fits all versions of the c .45s has a slightly more angular front edge. Both the USPc .45 and the HK45c can also use the 10 rd mag for the HK45 full sized gun. The mags for the USP .45 full sized gun are slightly wider than the mags for the c .45s and cannot fit either one of the c or the HK45.
And all of this is the exact reason that when I go to purchase a pistol for CCW in a few months it will be either an HK45c or the USPc .45. I already own a full size HK45 and will be able to use those mags in my EDC. I'll be able to save a little on mags this way and also, all my pistol ammo for CCW and HD will be the same caliber. Now the big dilemma is do I get the USPc or the HK45c? I'm gonna have to compare the two side by side before making that one.

·
Registered
815 Posts
And all of this is the exact reason that when I go to purchase a pistol for CCW in a few months it will be either an HK45c or the USPc .45. I already own a full size HK45 and will be able to use those mags in my EDC. I'll be able to save a little on mags this way and also, all my pistol ammo for CCW and HD will be the same caliber. Now the big dilemma is do I get the USPc or the HK45c? I'm gonna have to compare the two side by side before making that one.
Here's my vote:

·
Registered
300 Posts
The USPc is a fine pistol. Has many variants that you can switch up to (9?) and LEM mods if needed over the hk45c... but you're caught in a tough situation, both are great.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts