HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a P2000SK V2 - have approx 1000 rounds through it in defensive and steel range training. The trigger pull is too heavy for me to handle. Would like to change the V2 trigger to a Tom Green trigger, (which I believe would make it a V4).
Could anyone offer me info on the parts I need to purchase to change this trigger? And any other guidance on making this change (procedure)
Thanks in advance,
Srobin

·
Registered
88 Posts
You can't really make the SK into a TGS configuration, as there is no light hammer spring. I went down the same route as you (use search). The best you can do is swap out the firing bin block spring (FPBS) with the light version. This will shave off about a pound from the trigger pull. Search for replacing the FPBS, it's very easy and only requires a roll pin punch and hammer. Somewhere on here there is a great thread with photos.

Here's the spring you need:
HK Spring | HK FPBS - HKPARTS.NET

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
How many of these threads you got goin'?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
....I am unaware of what the TGS special hammer spring weight would be in any pistol but there is an option for a hammer spring and the SK.

Wolf 10# USP spring cut to fit is lighter and it works. The springs are not progressive so cutting them does not change the spring weight. ..Obviously don't try to cut the spring with heat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many of these threads you got goin'?
Yes I posted more than once.. Was not meaning too, that's a good reminder why I should wear my glasses when on the computer. Sorry for any frustration this may have caused anyone

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Yes I posted more than once.. Was not meaning too, that's a good reminder why I should wear my glasses when on the computer. Sorry for any frustration this may have caused anyone
No problem. I was just confused when I went in and the posts were gone. I thought Diesel was swinging his sword again.:biggrin:

·
Registered
88 Posts
....I am unaware of what the TGS special hammer spring weight would be in any pistol but there is an option for a hammer spring and the SK.

Wolf 10# USP spring cut to fit is lighter and it works. The springs are not progressive so cutting them does not change the spring weight. ..Obviously don't try to cut the spring with heat.
YMMV but this would make me VERY nervous to take a non-HK spring that's made for a different model, without knowing the specs of the original HK spring, then hack that spring off, and put it into a pistol that you depend on to save your life. You could end up with a light primer strike when you need a BANG! most. Just my opinion. If it was a range project, I'd be all for it.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
YMMV but this would make me VERY nervous to take a non-HK spring that's made for a different model, without knowing the specs of the original HK spring, then hack that spring off, and put it into a pistol that you depend on to save your life. You could end up with a light primer strike when you need a BANG! most. Just my opinion. If it was a range project, I'd be all for it.
It's your responsibility as a gun owner to test you gun to make sure it's reliable. Stock or not. This isn't rocket science, stop over thinking it. If you want a modified trigger then put your money where your need is and test it. If it works great, if it doesn't, you should be able to figure it out by shooting it. ..the same as you should be doing for a stock gun. If you can live with it not being ideal to what you think you need then be my guest.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Hold on a second I never heard of this "one nut" trigger job AKA Tom Green. It's Todd Green people and to the OP i like this trigger setup. Learn your weapon and how to tweak it and you can make all the changes you want and feel each setup. Just don't call it Tom Green.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I am sure the OP will remember this special version very well. We won't see him calling it Tom Green again. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Hold on a second I never heard of this "one nut" trigger job AKA Tom Green. It's Todd Green people and to the OP i like this trigger setup. Learn your weapon and how to tweak it and you can make all the changes you want and feel each setup. Just don't call it Tom Green.
As soon as I read the title of the post, I thought the same thing. Pretty sure I wouldn't want a "Tom Green" trigger job, as I'm sure that would be something akin to a "Dutch Rudder, docking, pegging" or some other such bizare act. Now a "Todd Green" LEM set up, definitely a nice LEM set up.

thats all I have to say about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So glad that my post brought laughter around the world!!!! Enjoy!

Would anyone please compare the Todd Green to the Gray Gun trigger? I am looking at both and would appreciate input. Has anyone tried the gray gun trigger?

·
Registered
63 Posts

Would anyone please compare the Todd Green to the Gray Gun trigger? I am looking at both and would appreciate input. Has anyone tried the gray gun trigger?
I didn't get a good laugh - yet! So here is a link to Todd Louis Green article in which he discuss V4 as well as V1 & V2:

pistol-training.com » HK LEM vs. SIG DAK

Maybe Adam at HKParts.net has the part numbers for the V4 set up or call HK CS.

·
Registered
63 Posts
but she was sooo good in Charley's Angels!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
88 Posts

Personally, I find the stock trigger (with the spring change out) is excellent. Comparing a $7 spring change to a pro dollar trigger job isn't really apples to apples as I imagine GG also puts in the lighter springs. Like the other thread running right now is saying... Spend the money on ammo and practice, not minor improvements in a combat trigger that are approaching the limit of diminishing returns. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I wouldn't spend huge money on a custom trigger job for a combat / carry gun.

That said... there's such a significant difference in the LEM variant on my USPc (basically a Todd Green) and on my P2000SK (stock v2) that it makes me goofy on the trigger on the SK. Biggest issue for me is the point where the disconnector starts to press on the firing pin block with the heavy spring. So it's almost like a 3 stage trigger. Light firing pin block spring and nickel sear should make my SK feel almost just like my USPc. Then both carry guns will have similar enough trigger action to be truly interchangeable. I think there's a big plus to that... my two cents.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts