HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just field-stripped and cleaned my USP45c (Variant 4) yesterday, and I'm a bit concerned after doing some dry-fire testing of it.

When I dry-fire the pistol in SA or DA, the back of the bobbed hammer returns flush with the back of the slide.
usp45c_after_dry_fire.jpg

When I rack the slide and decock, the back of the bobbed hammer protrudes slightly from the back of the slide.
usp45c_after_decock.jpg

Is this normal, or did I screw something up when cleaning it ?

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
You're good . When you decock you release the sear which releases the hammer to the catch . Completely normal ,Welcome ! BTW, the trigger is a smidge easier to pull in that position .

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just field-stripped and cleaned my USP45c (Variant 4) yesterday, and I'm a bit concerned after doing some dry-fire testing of it.

When I dry-fire the pistol in SA or DA, the back of the bobbed hammer returns flush with the back of the slide.
View attachment 60426

When I rack the slide and decock, the back of the bobbed hammer protrudes slightly from the back of the slide.
View attachment 60434

Is this normal, or did I screw something up when cleaning it ?
aka What is the half cock notch?

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Not a big fan of decock feature. Converted a USP Compact 9mm to V9 to eliminate it. It also does away with the 1/2 cock. I like the manual of arms for V9.
YMMV

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
You're good . When you decock you release the sear which releases the hammer to the catch . Completely normal ,Welcome ! BTW, the trigger is a smidge easier to pull in that position .
as its designed ^^^^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts