HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a choice to make and I am asking for your opinion. If you had your choice of either a 9mm or 40 s&w mp5 clone to sbr, which would you chose?
I have both and wanting to sbr one and sell the other. My other option is to sell my Sig 556 and sbr both clones and buy a can for my ar. Any help in making this choice would be great. Reasons for your choices would be helpful. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
993 Posts
9mm because of cheaper ammo. But I would also consider selling the Sig and SBRing both. I am not a big fan of the Sig so offing it would not bother me. However if you like the Sig and want to keep it then SBRing the 9mm would make more sense economically. The 40 has a higher cool factor and definately has more knock down power but if you are like most of us you are merely knocking holes in paper and just how much knock down do you need for that?

·
Registered
114 Posts
If it was me I would SBR the 9mm. There is just so many more accessories for the 9. Plus when some one sees it at the range and comes over begging to shoot your "MP5" ammo is cheaper. Plus personally I like shooting 9mm better than .40. And again if you are going to be doing room entries and real tactical stuff then the .40 just makes more sense, but for punching paper go with the 9. As far as the sig, me personally I would keep the .40 and the 556 because I hate selling guns, I sold one last year and I have regretted it ever since, so I dont do it any more. I would save my money for a while then sbr the .40. Hey neither one of them is eating anything in the safe, I would hold on to them. Just my opinion.
-Jason G

·
Registered
269 Posts
Both are good calibers in that gun but as a Navy Seal once said, "two to the chest and one to the head and he will never know it was a 9mm". The point being just that, sholder SBR is accurate and any rounds you put on target are going to be lethal. I would opt for the 9mm since it is very cheap to shoot and a very effective round. If your willing to part with a Sig 556 which you can get anytime I would buy both and SBR them both or just one and sit on the other one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts