HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The decocker on my USP9c V1 is stuck. It doesn't decock the hammer (hammer decocks OK by hand). The control lever swings up and down between Fire and Safe, and the pistol dry-fires OK, but the decocker doesn't go beyond Fire. I suspect it got that way after I removed and cleaned the lanyard loop insert pin, but I'm pretty sure the hammer strut and spring are working OK after I removed and reinserted the spring a couple of times just to make sure. Any suggestions before I have a local GS look it over and/or send it off to HK? TIA

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a problem with the safety not going into safe mode on my previous brand new USPc. The detent plate wasn't machined correctly or something. I figured this because I ordered a new detent plate the safety was actuating very smoothly as a new one should. Not only was mine getting stuck like your sometimes (only the opposite direction), but it was very hard to actuate at all.

You might want to consider trying to replace the dentent plate like I did. It's only like $8 from hkparts.net and shipping is about $8 so $16 is a lot cheaper than a gunsmith I feel.

What is the lanyard loop insert pin? The pin holding the hammer spring assembly in the magazine area?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
First, make sure it is in fact a V1 and not a V9 (safety only). The V1 detent plate will be marked "1+2" while the V9 detent plate will be marked "5+6".

Next, make sure the detent plate is properly positioned. Should look like this (arrow is pointing at the sear axle)

Also, try lightly lubricating the detent plate. Sometimes this aids to smooth function of the control lever.

...What is the lanyard loop insert pin? The pin holding the hammer spring assembly in the magazine area?
Yes, the lanyard loop insert pin holds in the lanyard loop insert, which could otherwise be refereed to as the mainspring housing on other pistols.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks HK4Life! Your pic was very helpful. My detent plate looks OK, and the pistol had been firing DA/SA normally for about a year. The problem is deeper inside the trigger-hammer mechanisms... so off it goes to HK.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ah sounds bad.

Just a note though, my detent plate looked perfectly fine too, but after polishing the hills a little it smoothed out almost perfectly. So it was definitely MY problem. $8 to have it like new was a no brainer for ME. Hope for the best though!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Thanks HK4Life! Your pic was very helpful. My detent plate looks OK, and the pistol had been firing DA/SA normally for about a year. The problem is deeper inside the trigger-hammer mechanisms... so off it goes to HK.
Personally, I don't think you need to send it to HK. That would be a good deal of time and money spent (shipping) on a simple problem you can probably fix yourself. It really sounds like a problem with the interaction between the detent plate and control lever.

Have you tried lubricating the plate yet?

If you follow the instructions in this post, it will show you how to remove the detent plate...

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/142924-variant-1-variant-3-a.html#post1057669

The USP is actually rather simple, and I can think of no reason why the problem you are having would have something to do with anything extensively wrong with either the trigger or hammer components. This is one of those situations where I wish I had your pistol in front of me to inspect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts