HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
I had a problem with the safety not going into safe mode on my previous brand new USPc. The detent plate wasn't machined correctly or something. I figured this because I ordered a new detent plate the safety was actuating very smoothly as a new one should. Not only was mine getting stuck like your sometimes (only the opposite direction), but it was very hard to actuate at all.

You might want to consider trying to replace the dentent plate like I did. It's only like $8 from hkparts.net and shipping is about $8 so $16 is a lot cheaper than a gunsmith I feel.

What is the lanyard loop insert pin? The pin holding the hammer spring assembly in the magazine area?

· Registered
35 Posts
Ah sounds bad.

Just a note though, my detent plate looked perfectly fine too, but after polishing the hills a little it smoothed out almost perfectly. So it was definitely MY problem. $8 to have it like new was a no brainer for ME. Hope for the best though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.