HKPRO Forums banner

Need help with P30L V3 Problem

5308 Views 55 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  deeHKman
I had a trigger/accuracy job done on my gun... after receiving it, I had to send it back because the hammer would not stay cocked after firing a shot or chambering a round. It would fail to stay cocked enough that I pretty much quit using the pistol. After receiving it back the second time and the problem still being there, I gave up on the gunsmith.

It was for comp, not CCW by the way.

I am looking for some help with identifying the parts that may be causing the problem, finding a price/supplier for said parts and info on installing them.

I appreciate any and all help in this.

Thanks!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,649 Posts
I can only guess who it is......

Not that this has happened with him, before....... :rolleyes:

Frankly, you should be telling people who it is. You have a duty to inform your HKPRO brethren and fellow gun owners so they don't get ass raped, too. You weren't put on this planet to protect the reputation of shoddy gun-smithing and bad business ethics.

· Registered
1,649 Posts
TGS does have a point.

It is funny, that a post always comes in inquiring about said "gunsmith"...and someone always says..."I have never heard anything negative about his work.." When I have read at least 4 posts on HK describing similar issues.
No, you're just a snob trying to justify the green you threw down for your expensive Gray Guns work which is no better.

:wink:

· Registered
1,649 Posts
All in all, a cheap learning experience. I would never, ever...ever recommend a trigger job on my/any CCW weapon.
facepalm.

Learning experience:

Shoddy gunsmithing does not mean good gunsmithing produces the same result.

· Registered
1,649 Posts
I think I'm just going to rely on experience and round count for a trigger job.

What I am finding as rather surprising is the number of negative 'Smith work being done on guns of members here on the Forum.

Kinda makes ya wonder...
All that negative work is from one gunsmith, from what I can tell.

Not surprising....people want to save a buck and make themselves believe they're getting good work done when there's plenty of evidence saying otherwise.

· Registered
1,649 Posts
TGS, FWIW there is not that much negative feedback on the Forums.
There is on this one if you use the right keywords, but you might need to know the problems to begin with in order to know the keywords to find him.

It also might be that way because HKPRO members come on here asking for help because their P30 they sent now has hammer follow, but don't want to give out the gunsmiths name unless someone PM's him. So, "BobbyNewMember" comes on the board and tries searching for a specific gunsmith but doesn't get enough information to say it's a bad decision, because some members are opposed to...how was it...putting their names out there for the rest of eternity to see....or something like that. So unless they scour the board for a period of time and put pieces together, they end up sending their gun to some B.S. gunsmith, and then their gun gets ****** up, and they wonder why nobody told them there is a recurring problem with said B.S. gunsmith...

I align myself with HKPRO members and would like to warn members who weren't privy to this thread and didn't have the chance to PM you, not the recurring shoddy work of a gunsmith whom also has a recurring habit of not fixing it. Call me an *******, but I don't get protecting his reputation.

Funny how that works. If you don't report it, there's no negative reports. Hmm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.