HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in adding a stainless model to my HK stable. What are the best ways or sites to find out about all the various models and options in stainless in the HK handgun line? Any suggestions, advice is appreciated!

mclem

---------------
HK USP 9MM
HK USP 45 ACP
Glock 19
Beretta Cheetah .380

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Don't know if this really answers your question or not but they are still available in Canada. If you can't find one try buying one through there.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
You are a day late and a dollar short. The stainless pistols are no longer imported into the US and importing one from Canada or anyplace else is a real PITA and unless you have a lot of time and patience, try to get one state side. The full size stainless have been DCed from importation since 2002 and the Compact since late 2004/early 2005. They can still be found from time to time but if you must have a new one, good luck. They are getting very hard to find and a real NIB unit is going to cost you. Used is not too hard to find and quite a bit cheaper. Just don't be suckered in by those who claim LNIB only to find it has been shot a thousand times but still try to charge NIB price. For some reason many think there is magic in the number 200 because I bet 80% of the used guns I see say "only 200 shots fired." Used is used be it 10 shots or ten thousand. Judge it according to wear, not number of rounds fired. Check GunsAmerica, GunBroker, AuctionArms...you will find one if you are patient.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Here @ HKPro is the best place to find out. ;)

From what I have learned, the SS slide was an option on all the USP full size 9mm, .40, and .45. It was also an option on the compact 9mm, .40 and .45. There were no tacticals, compact tacticals, elites, or experts in SS.

It was also an option for the USP Matchs, the most common being .45. AFAIK, there were never any 9mm Matchs imported but a few made it in. All the ones I have seen were SS. I have also seen a few in .40 that were SS.

Also, all SS were black frames. There were never any with the green, tan, or grey frames.

Variants are the same as any USP, only difference was the slide was made out of SS. There was also a run in the mid 90's for a matte SS. I think the only date codes for that were KG and KH, IIRC.

And here's a few of mine. :D

http://www.pnwzj.com/images/6hks.jpg

http://www.pnwzj.com/images/usp31mag.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answers all! Is this a great forum or what! I have been bitten by the HK bug bad but obviously I have along way to go to catch up to SOME guys! WSUXJer is my new idol!

·
Registered
383 Posts
You could always just pick up one with a blued slide and send it off to Robar or CCR and have them re-finish it for you.

That might be easier if all your after is the look.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got my USP 45 SS on GunBroker for $505 w/2 10 Rnd Mags. The gun arrived in LNIB condition - seller told me it was a safe queen and after receiving the gun, I believe him.

A great shooter and easy to clean - I'm not overly fond of bi-tone guns, but at that price I couldn't resist! I've now added four new 10 Rnd mags that I got fairly reasonably ($62), so I've made a nice addition to my collection for not a load of dough.

Now I'd like to find a decent holster for it and start using it for CCW. Also thinking of adding TFO sights but not certain if that is necessary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts