HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title states, I need some Help OR Information, about Receivers, namely the Century CAI-3 Cast Receivers.

I was at my favorite Fun Shop, and noticed they had 2 Century International Arms CAI-3 Rifles. I saw that the Rceivers look to be cast, So here goes,
Please don't give me a bunch of crap, I am curious to know if they would be worth getting?
So are these CAI-3 Cast receiver's worth getting???
I know that Century products, can be pure crap, but I am keeping my mind open, and wallet closed for now.

Thanks in advance,
Chief

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I had one of these guns about 10 years ago, & it was the best gun Century ever made, It had a #'s matching POF bolt, lp, & carrier that looked better than any HK set I have seen. The gun worked great. The only reason I sold it was because the cast receiver was thicker than the normal receiver, so a collapsible stock wouldn't work. But my gun was great. My friend who bought it is still very happy with it. Of course that doesn't mean a hill of beans about the 2 rifles you are looking at. GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
250 Posts
I believe Todd made those receivers ...supposed to be very strong as long as you don't care about a slider stock I would probably give it a try. The cast receivers that he made in 9mm were darn near indestructible .

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Several of these were made with NOS # matching parts. The receivers are very nice and the added rigidity makes for a more stable shooting platform and the rifles tend to be more accurate than the sheet metal receivers. Tha being said they are still Century made and you need to check them well before you buy them. make sure to check bolt gap, cocking tube gap and ground bolts. For more info go to militaryfirearm.com and do a search they know just about everything there is to know about Century Cetmes, C93s and Cia3s.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Several of these were made with NOS # matching parts. The receivers are very nice and the added rigidity makes for a more stable shooting platform and the rifles tend to be more accurate than the sheet metal receivers. Tha being said they are still Century made and you need to check them well before you buy them. make sure to check bolt gap, cocking tube gap and ground bolts. For more info go to Militaryfirearm and do a search they know just about everything there is to know about Century Cetmes, C93s and Cia3s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts