HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, hopefully this thread is ok to ask here on the forums. If not, I apologize and hope I did not offend anyone.

I have always loved the HK platforms, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to shopping for one. There is a HK93 being sold on this forum (http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-guns-sale/249017-igf-built-hk93-sw93-last-reduction.html), and I wanted to know if there was any advice that can be given to me before purchasing. The seller is not local to me so I would have to buy the rifle without physically ever seeing it. The seller seems to have great feedback, so I'm not too worried about being scammed, I'm more concerned about what I'm getting into and if it is worth what the seller would like. Seems to have been up since July, so it has been on the market for awhile now. I'm just looking for some good advice. What do you guys think about this rifle?

With 2017 around the corner, looks like I will only have a chance to purchase 1-2 more semi autos before the new ban goes into effect. I already purchased a Vector V93 clone, but would love to get this if I know this is something closer to a real HK93. Thanks for your time and input.

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Kind of expensive. If 922r compliant, then the percentage of HK parts is exaggerated. Jayson does good work but this is still just a Special Weapons gun. The best you could describe it as would be a custom gun on a SW receiver flat. But long term, it will most likely be categorized as an SW rifle. Functional Vectors and Century 93 rifles were built with Malaysian contract kits and sold for under $1k. Not sure what they're going for now. I have one of each and they are both pretty good shooters.

If it were me and I couldn't test the holy hell out of this gun, I'd hold out and spen a little more for an actual HK93. And I'm not even an HK purist.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I found an HK93 on GB for just over $500 more. I'm sure it is a nice rifle but if you want a real HK then just save a little more and get one. I have a V93 as well and it is a lot of fun, especially when my friend lets me drop in his registered pack.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I found an HK93 on GB for just over $500 more. I'm sure it is a nice rifle but if you want a real HK then just save a little more and get one. I have a V93 as well and it is a lot of fun, especially when my friend lets me drop in his registered pack.
Totally agree 100% with GFarmer13, if you want the real deal then save up and enjoy your collectable firearm(s). I have purchased a PTR91 receiver and had it transformed into a G3k by IGF that I enjoy immensely. That being said I do treat the real HK's with white gloves (OCD) and very rarely fire them, on the other hand the G3k and the MP5 (SBRed) that are clones see many days on the range without fail and they always get lots of attention. Keeps us posted when you get your new acquisition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts