HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is getting bad - my 3rd HK gun in 90 days and I just started shooting 90 days ago so I'm a newbie.

I just picked up a HK45 a couple of week ago that was too good of a deal to pass up and I had a blast shooting it last week - a great gun.

I'm thinking about my next gun which will be a 45 compact - either the HK USP 45c or HK45c. To any of those that might have both can you give me any big differences in grip, recoil, shooting, etc in both models? I have the chance to pick up a USP 45c in stainless which would make a great companion to my USP 40c stainless so I'm kind of partial to the look.

I just reviewed the specs on both guns and although I've held the HK45c I haven't held the USP 45c but according to the specs it is very similar in size to the USP 40c.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was on the same fence as you not to long ago. I did my fair share of Internet research- and by now, I'm sure you have too.

Frankly, the best advice is, the tried and true, "try before you buy". After I had rented out both... The hk45c won by a hair.

I felt no difference in recoil, accuracy, or even overall quality. It simply came down to the hk45c feeling a bit more comfortable in my hands.

Hope this helped. Message me if you'd like more info on my experience with the two

-DeadRight

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have both the HK45C and the USPC 45. I prefer the HK45C, but some of my HK friends prefer the USPC 45. What feels right for one person does not feel right for another.

If I were trying to decide between two guns I would hold / carry each gun to see which one fits me better. Both guns are fantastic, and I am sure you will own both very soon.

Some people don't like the grip on the HK45C, but I actually prefer it. You can change the back strap out for a better fit, and the grip feels good in my hand. The USPC 45 has it's positive points as well. I would encourage you to hold both if possible and make a decision from there. Or option 2 - buy both guns.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Matt - I think option 2 will probably be the likely outcome. I've held the 45c and can shoot it at the range. I haven't held the USP 45c but the specs are close to the USP 40c which I do have. I like the stainless slide look but enjoy the newer grips of the HK45.

Good problem to have I guess!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have both the HK45C and the USPC 45. I prefer the HK45C, but some of my HK friends prefer the USPC 45. What feels right for one person does not feel right for another.

If I were trying to decide between two guns I would hold / carry each gun to see which one fits me better. Both guns are fantastic, and I am sure you will own both very soon.

Some people don't like the grip on the HK45C, but I actually prefer it. You can change the back strap out for a better fit, and the grip feels good in my hand. The USPC 45 has it's positive points as well. I would encourage you to hold both if possible and make a decision from there. Or option 2 - buy both guns.
I agree I felt for me the HK45c was the better "Fit" in my hand and grip. i have changed out the back strap to make it more comfortable.
I purchased my HK45c from a member on here and now I'm hooked to the point I am selling my odds and ends stuff to get cash to get another one lol.

keep us posted if you get to shoot that USP and make a choice. Either way you go you can't go wrong, and If you can afford it get them both.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think you need to pick them up. When I first held a 45c I knew I wanted one because of how it fit in my hand. Only shot mine twice and I am still getting used to the trigger but the ergonomics are superb (for me).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Both are great weapons, pick the one that points and feels the best for you. I have both, the USP 45c comes on target way faster for me then the HK45c.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a HK45c and love it, both guns are made equally the same, some people like the more blocky feel to the USP and others like the slimmer more 1911 like feel that the hk45c has, Lets put it this way the hk45c fit my hand better and I bought that but when I get some extra money I will be back to buy a USP ;) once you buy a HK you get addicted and obviously you have the fever if your buying your third one. What will the gun be mainly use for range gun? or a concealed carry gun? Also keep in mind the hk45c comes with the picatinny rail and the USP doesn't have that. Do you get the proven classic USP? or the refined hk45c? such as hard decision haha just get both and stop torturing yourself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I appreciate you guys input and decided to buy the USP 45c. I couldn't pass up the stainless slide and know I'll have the HK45c soon enough. I just picked this gun up last week and will be at the range in a couple days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts