HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to make another purchase, but I'm not sure what to get. I'm looking for a subcompact 9mm. At first I thought I'd just get the P200SK, but as I did more research, I realized there's no manual safety. Or trigger safety. Not sure I'm comfortable with that as I like to carry cocked and locked. I would really like to stick with another H&K, but there doesn't seem to be an option that would work for me in the subcompact catagory. I'm leaning a little towards the Springfield XD, so any best sense's would be greatly appreciated. There's a gun show this weekend, so I wanted to go shopping for a new toy!

·
Registered
616 Posts
HK is going to be tough. I really like my LEM setup but I ended up buying all LEM so I didnt have to train cross platform dealing with a safety on one gun and no safety on another. If you want a safety and you want a subcompact HK probably isnt the way to go, Sig has some nice options if you can reach their safety controls ok. I like some of the new 1911 style compact guns coming out, but I just dont trust them on reliability (personal issues). If I absolutely couldnt go with HK, SIG would be the only other company I would trust personally. They have a nice blackwater model by the way....(just kidding lol) :14000000:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sig has some nice options if you can reach their safety controls ok
Yeah, I tried a SIG P226 and I couldn't reach the slide catch. Gun was too big for my hands...and it was the Blackwater edition hehe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Out of production for a while, but Colt Mustang (or something similar?), with the appearance of a 1911.
I took a look and the Mustang looks nice. I'll tuck that in my hat, thanks!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yeah, I tried a SIG P226 and I couldn't reach the slide catch. Gun was too big for my hands...and it was the Blackwater edition hehe
Sure....rub it in.

its a shame about the safety because the P2000SK is about as good as it gets for sub compacts that I have played with. I really like the look of the SA EMP http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=24
I dont know anything about it as far as reliability goes, and like I said Im not a big 1911 guy when it comes to reliability either, especially with anything thats commander length or shorter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really like the look of the SA EMP
My friend has one. He seems to like it. Only problem he's had so far is some spring or something or other is too tight (eh, it's not an H&K so I wasn't listening to him). SA is having him send it to them for repair...and they're reimbursing his shipping! Now that is customer service. But the gun is also $1K so a little steep.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I think Beretta makes some really small consealable pistols if that is what you are looking for. Bobcat and Tomcat are the models I believe.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have the P2000SK 40S&W DA/SA with decocker and night sights. It came with a c-tac IWB holster. It works great. To heck with a safety. If you can overcome the 5000lb trigger pull, then maybe you could have an AD.

Isn't there also a trigger safey?

JPG

·
Registered
616 Posts
(eh, it's not an H&K so I wasn't listening to him).
LOL I love it!

SA is having him send it to them for repair...and they're reimbursing his shipping! Now that is customer service. But the gun is also $1K so a little steep.
I had nothing but problems with the SA 1911 I purchased, but SA customer service is so good its actually hard to get mad at them. They go above and beyond, they fix things that werent even broken and do maintenance for free in addition to fixing a problem. They are simply amazing as far as customer service...the problem is, the fact that I had to use their customer service so often. If the gun was a safe queen it wouldnt be a big deal, but for a carry gun I need something that wont break more than I need great customer service. The fact that the gun can be fixed after Im dead doesnt help me when it counts.

Isn't there also a trigger safey?
Yup, its called your finger! :320000: Sorry, I couldnt help myself...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I would suggest that you at least try an SK for the feel of it. . . you might could do without the manual safety for a pocket gun. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I picked up a P2KSK 9 this week for my wife, but had many of the same "issues" as you in making a determination on which route to take. The pistol is an absolute tack driver, and figured her carry situation (purse pouch) would not create any issues as far as a lack of safety is concerned. I look at it as a middle ground between the ultra simplicity of a wheel gun, and the added features of a safety/decocker.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
CZ 2075 RAMI would be one I would look at very close, these people make some of the finest firearms on the planet. CZ won numerous competition 2006, including Open Class in 2006 or 2007. (Not sure what year)

The CZ 2075 RAMI is a sub-compact semi-automatic based on the proven CZ 75 line of pistols. $593

The trigger mechanism operates in selective DA and SA mode depending on the shooter’s preferences. Several safety devices are used including a firing pin block and a manual safety. Incorporating the CZ double-stack magazine design, the little RAMI accommodates 10 rounds of 9mm Luger, or 8 rounds of 40 S&W, plus 1 in the chamber.

With a 3” barrel, and unloaded weight of less than 25 ounces, the black polycoat, alloy frame RAMI is ideal for concealed carry.

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=48

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
For a 1911 subcompact I use the Colt Defender .45. I find for single stack 1911 Colt is the best, the clones have nothing on Colt that I see, I dont bother with clones at all. Mine has over 3700 rounds, I had 2 failures to feed in the first 50 rounds. After that, it ran 100% of the time with any and all ammo I tried in it. 165, 185, 200, and 230 grain hollow points, ball, 200 SWC, it just did not matter. It ran it all, and it does it flawlessly.

Yup - the CZ rocks! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts