• Usp45T

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the forum as a member , ive done some research and have browsed the posts aswell as searched on and off the forum ,but im stuck on my decision im torn between the hk45 tactical and the usp 45 tactical for my father for his 50th birthday price isnt an issue for either there pretty close , Im looking for some opinions between the two and why its better than the other kind of a no BS which and why from folks that have shot and held either Anything helps thanks

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Your dad is no spring chicken, usp Tactical is classic, game set match.

Really usp Tactical offers more out of the box, match trigger, high sights, etc. If you could get an LE model with night sights and third mag, even better.

Shockwave

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
This topic has been discussed here countless times. You might want to use the Search feature at the upper right corner.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
If your father has large hands (like me) I do not recommend the HK45. The grip is small and the LOP is short.

My two cents
CG

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This topic has been discussed here countless times. You might want to use the Search feature at the upper right corner.
Thanks for the help but if you would happen to have read the post you would have noticed i used the search bar just didnt get the answers i wanted

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was originally planning on the usp but i saw the hk45 and wanted a little more input so far its still the usp's game

·
Registered
34,498 Posts
Welcome to the site--- the USPt--- tell your pops Happy Birthday from the members at HKPRO!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
As some of the previous forum members have stated, the USP line is a great line of HK pistols. All of my HKs with the exception of some p7s and p2000sk are all of the USP line. I have larger hands and the USP tactical feels better in my hand than the HK 45. I have a 5 gallon bucket of brass that is nearly full, all if it is from my HK USP pistols that I have fired over the last 2.5 years with no jams, misfires, nada. That says something about HK pistols. You can not go wrong with either, it is more personal preference. I have the USP 45 Tactical and love it. Great shooter. Too bad you can not get both for your father!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
USP45 Tactical imo. Just more features to make it a more interesting pistol, while the HK45t just isn't that much different comparatively

·
Registered
838 Posts
USP Tactical. Feels good, shoots great, looks better than the HK45 (imo), and is just more "classic."

Also, nothing about your OP is unique and this topic has been done a million times and there's only so much that can be said and repeated.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Welcome to the site. You appear to be a good son, offering to purchase a fine HK for your father. Well done!
Now, I am a huge fan of the USP series and the USPT45 is superb!
I also own a HK45T and too is superb! It has Heinie straight 8s and is actually a bit more accurate for me than the USP. I do mean a bit... we are talking fraction of an inch tighter and that could be because of the Heinie sights.
So, the classic answer is, especially since you stated that money is not a problem... Buy him both!
If he can handle a slightly larger and heavier classic USP, they are superb but so is the newer HK45T so its a hard call.
One factor that may help you decide is that all USPs have the German proof markings. The majority of HK45s are USA proof marked, though the metal parts are all German made, assembled here on US frames. Owning both, I can tell you that had I not known that HKU is US, I would never be able to tell anyone it was made in the USA and not Orbendorf. Fear neither of them, unless you are the evil in front of the barrel and if so, then good bye to the evil.

Be sure to let us know what you decided upon and be sure to have your dad join our group once he has it in hand. Great knowledge here. Make the search feature your best friend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I feel like the 50th birthday is a big one and he's always wanted an HK like his unicorn and I'm thinking the USP is going to have some style and meaning more than just a new gun with an HK name on it , All your responses have been very helpful it really has answered my question if I want the newest thing on the block or something with a little bit of class , I'm pretty set on the USP tactical

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
USP45 Tactical and a box of Fed HST 230gr. Your father has a wonderful son. :150000:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Your dad has wanted a USP Tactical a lot longer than he has the HK45. Get him what he is longing for.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
I'm going to go against the grain for once. HK45T because you don't have to change a thing out of the box. You technically don't have to change anything on the USPT 45, but the sights and magazine release need changing IMO. Every one of my USP's threaded barrel or not, will wear Trij HD's (insert your preference here) and the 45's will have the HK45c mag release. The USPT 45 is hands down an amazing gun, worth of the love it gets on the forum, and quite frankly everywhere else. But black sights are out dated, and that rear notch cut out on the rear sight is not that great to be honest. It's too shallow. IMO and for my shooting style, the HK45T is perfect out of the box.

They're both great in all honesty, and first 45 acp HK I'm picking up after I get me some pre-election long guns is a USPT 45. But, I also already have 2 HK45T's so......

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
You technically don't have to change anything on the USPT 45, but the sights and magazine release need changing IMO.
Navyman8903, I do not go against you often because you are a guy in the know and profession and you have done some good videos as well. However, Sights are a preference and many take HDs off. Some like Novak, Heinie and more. You like HDs. I am digging Heinies, Maybe I try Novaks next... OK. I move forward...
The extended mag release on a full sized 45 has had some known and reported issues of mags dropping.
I have enjoyed the extended mag releases on my P200sk's and have had zero issues.
I have them on my USP compacts and have enjoyed them... Until, I acquired two more new holsters and when holstering my compact, the leather was catching the release and dropping the mag every time. That is not a good thing at all.
Everyone using an extended mag release on any model HK did not approve it for should look into their holstering and see if this is a problem for them and their holsters. It is not pleasant when it happens and does you no goo at all if it popped out in the car and you never realize it. This could be one of several reasons of why HK warns that it is only made for the HK45c.
I'll keep them on my other arms but currently i am deciding if I should remove it and keep the new holsters or remove it all together from my compacts. I have xxl paws so I never had issue with the originally engineered release. I just got lazy I grew to enjoy the larger paddle.

As far as all you other comments, I am in total agreeance with you as usual.

·
Banned
88 Posts
I've never held a HK45T, but just by looking at them, I'm not sure what the HK45T has to offer over the usp 45T. Except, maybe better for smaller hands.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts