HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im buying my first new HK handgun this Sunday, private party, at a rest stop along a hwy, which is where we decided on a meet. The reason I tell you this, is because I am going to have limited time and space, and need to know what are the NEED TO KNOW items, on the USP .45 Compact. The gun is supposedly a 2 owner, 250 round fired gun, in excellent shape. It is date coded AA, which I believe is 2000, so when I was told it was bought new 2 years ago, I was a bit leary, but let it go. The photos I have seen are not that great, so I can not tell much from them. I am paying $590.00 for the pistol. This is my first HK pistol ( other than SP 89),not first gun. My question is, what do I look for on the gun, in the 15 minutes or so I am going to have to inspect it, before I have to get to the airport to catch a flight? Also, is there somthing that if I see this, I should walk away? Thanks. Also, this gun has the decocker on it, so makes it a variant 1 right? And if I want to change this, i can, is my understanding, is that correct?

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
V1 is decocker for right handed people. V2 is for left handed.
Look for wear, remove slide and check barrel and internals.
That is about it. Dry fire, check for either slop or stiff slide movement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts