HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,275 Posts
I think he's referrin' to the pin tubes on a wood stock, but similar to the A2 plastic.

I'd take a cutter (end mill?) just slightly larger than the OD of a new tube and remove one end of the old tube. The divot made by the cutter will be covered when you bell the ends of the new tubes anyhow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry guys. I am referring to a plastic stock. It's a ptr91 standard full stock with 2 holes in the back and a slot on the side for a sling. I want to remove the metal end that holds the stock to the reciever. It has a long spring coming out the front of it. Sorry I don't know the proper names :-/

·
Registered
10,275 Posts
Ah... you merely wish to remove the plastic stock itself from the backplate that goes over the end of the gun? Why didn't you say so? (I feel like the gatekeeper on the Wizard of Oz).

Place the buttcap of the stock in a vise, close gently but firm. Rock the stock back a little bit and insert a pitty knife into the crack that opens up. Then rock the stock the other way and it should pop off. Two spring clips inside are holding it. Deep inside the pocket of the stock, there is a large screw held with a Loctite of some sort... back it out.

Then remove the two screws inside the backplate holding the buffer in... that's about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts