HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a USC .45acp with a M3 grease gun conversion and its for sale for $1700 on a few forums,I have a guy within an hour away that wants to trade a very Nice Mark 23 for my USC.They seem similar in price (the USC is around $1800 after conversion and extra magazines)but what would be more collectable or worth more down the road.any advice will be appreciated

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I would say the Mark 23. Honestly, I think $1700 to be kinda high for a USC with the gg conversion. More people prefer the true ump conversion which go for much more. I'd take the mark 23 for that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the USc is a Black body not gray or dyed and has 7 magazines,trijicon front sight and is very clean,the Mark23 comes with a manual,and two magazines and plain black Hk box .Its a "KI" code

·
Registered
783 Posts
Take the Mark 23 unless you LOVE your USC. I'm a handgun man so.... just my 2¢. I would definitely inspect the Mk23 first though if possible before fully committing.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Sounds like a nice rifle and all but I think the mark will be worth more in the long run if it doesn't have a million rounds through it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
suppose to have only 200 rounds through it,What do you look for in a used Mark?He also says its the old "maritime" finish?whatever that is,How do you tell the age?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Those questions I'll leave to those with more experience with the mark platform than I. Definitely post pictures if you can.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
found a code breakdown and the "KI" means 1998,does that matter with the MK23?does age effect value?

·
Registered
783 Posts
well then. That looks REAL CLEAN. Do it. Personally, I'd rather have the Mark regardless.... plus, I think the Mark will prove to be the more valuable collector's item. DO IT! Keep us informed on your decision. That's just such a fine example of a Mark 23. I reallllly want it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now I have a guy wanting to trade a HK USPc .40 and a Alexander arms .50 beowulf ,sucks having so many options.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would get the MK23 especially since they have been discontinued and I think will increase in value. Also you can always pickup another USC and either get a regular UMP conversion. Of course right now the UMP .45 mags are unobtainium almost but should get better soon from what I have heard. Speaking from somebody who has both Mark 23 and UMP that is my .02 for what it is worth.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
forgot to mention that I am really wanting to sell the USC so what ever I trade for I am prob just going to sell,The Beowulf and the USP40 would just be for sale,so would the Mark23 if I get it.Thats why I am wondering what would be worth more for sale in "todays" market.

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you are going to just sell or trade want ever you get you might end up making 100 bucks if you go with the MK23. I think you could turn around the MK 23 faster. 50 beowolf is a novelty and very expensive so people might shy away from the gun.

·
Registered
135 Posts
+1 on the 23 as it's always referee to as "the" model to have. It'll likely hold or even increase in value so it's a smart business move, too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts