HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, now I need your opinions/advice on deciding between the P2k or the 45c. I know, I know, just buy both. Can’t do it. Not yet anyway.
I’m specifically interested in the LEM versions of these guns but am open to suggestions. I don’t own any .45 caliber handguns and am also unsure if I even need one given 9mm is cheaper and has less felt recoil and a larger magazine capacity. I will likely be using the gun as a CCW (although it won’t strictly serve that role as I have a ccw gun already) but this is another factor to consider.
So, I’m asking you all your opinion on either firearm to help me make this decision.
I have gotten hands on the 45c V7 and it’s great. Love the trigger. However, I have yet to see a p2000.
Thanks for you input!

·
Registered
710 Posts
They are basically the same gun with the exception of the caliber. The 45c has a slightly larger grip and a better trigger. I own a P2000 and an HK45CT.

The 45c has a slightly shorter trigger pull and shorter reset than the p2000, both in the LEM and DA/SA models. That being said, I prefer my P2000 for carry although I find the HK45CT to be, IMO, the most versatile HK pistol in the current lineup.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I had a P2000 and a P2KSK. Sold them both because the grips just didn't fit well in my medium to large sized mitts without a grip sleeve. And I don't like sleeves much. I have P30s now and like them a whole lot better.
You might be surprised by the felt recoil. It's all subjective of course but the .45 caliber is not as snappy as 9 or 40. Very comfortable to shoot. I'd go with the HK45c at this point.

·
Priest of the P7
5,316 Posts
Do you have a lot of 9mm ammo and no 45? In 2021, that should make your decision for you right der.

The P2K is a good bit slimmer package than the 45c, at least it feels like it in the holster. Both give you an option for flush and extra cap mags. 45c has a good bit nicer trigger. I have both — all things considered I’d get the 45c if you have something to feed it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know your asking about P2K but hopefully you’ve been able to try the LEM system (that take up) as it’s a little different from both Striker and your DA/SA hammer. I’ve got the P2SK LEM and find that it’s a tad bit heavier pull and longer reset than the 45C. The P2SK is stock with a heavy LEM while the 45C is light LEM, and reset is shorter on 45C. On the P2SK I’ll probably be sending it in to get the Light LEM installed by HK or go for the 4.1 kit in order to get it closer to the 45C trigger feel. Again both great in LEM (just need to get acquainted with it)….P2SK a bit cramped in hand but muscle memory compensates fine and it conceals a bit more favorably than the 45C. The 9mm Ammo is more prevalent now a days. BUT the 45C feels great, comfortable to shoot, shorter reset, trigger pull a tad more favorable cause lighter, however it’s a bit larger/heavier to conceal. This is all being a little nit picky though……they’re both great, just be sure to shoot, train, shoot, and rinse/repeat in order to get comfortable with the LEM system on which ever you decide. Let us know what you end up with.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know your asking about P2K but hopefully you’ve been able to try the LEM system (that take up) as it’s a little different from both Striker and your DA/SA hammer. I’ve got the P2SK LEM and find that it’s a tad bit heavier pull and longer reset than the 45C. The P2SK is stock with a heavy LEM while the 45C is light LEM, however reset is shorter on 45C. On the P2SK I’ll probably be sending it in to get the Light LEM installed by HK or go for the 4.1 kit in order to get it closer to the 45C trigger feel. Again both great in LEM….P2SK a bit cramped in hand but muscle memory compensates fine and it conceals a bit more favorably than the 45C. The 9mm Ammo is more prevalent now a days. BUT the 45C feels great, comfortable to shoot, shorter reset, trigger pull a tad more favorable cause lighter, however it’s a bit larger/heavier to conceal. This is all being a little nit picky though……they’re both great, just be sure to shoot, train, shoot, and rinse/repeat in order to get comfortable with the LEM system on which ever you decide. Let us what you end up with.
Thanks for your detailed response. You and everyone else that’s so generous to offer their insight is one of the reasons I love this forum. Yes, I’ve tried the P2000sk LEM and you’re right, the triggers are notably different. I’ll just have to keep playing with the 45c and see if it’s worth the extra recoil and lower round count. Thanks again.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I owned a .45c and was will it functioned good with only a few rare hiccups I wasn't overly impressed with it. I bought it off a really good buddy who wanted the P2000. After shooting them both side by side, if I ever have to pick one over the other, it would be the P2000 over the .45c.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Gonna keep this simple. I own both. Love both. I personally carry the regular p2000 over both the p2000sk and HK45C. There is not that much difference between the SK and normal p2000. I find the p2000 much easier to carry, hold, shoot, operate than the sk and the HK45C. It’s kinda like a G19 size yet is a HK. I also love the LEM too. I have my p2000 LEM V2 .40 on me now! I would highly suggest you try to find one and go with it!!! As you guessed eventually you’ll end up with a HK45C as well! Even though I own the sk versions too. I’d skip it and go for the normal p2000!! If you get the p2000 replace the paddle magazine release lever with the HK45C slightly larger one and your golden. This part, new spring and new roll pin can be purchased at minimum cost from HK parts and it’s (for me) an easy must upgrade.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just so happen to have picked up a p2000 on Monday night and a HK 45C on Tuesday morning. They feel very similar in the hand with the p2000 a little smaller and more to my liking. I haven't gotten to shoot them yet but first impressions and inclination for 9mm I would go with the p2000

1 - 10 of 10 Posts