HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Vendor
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chopstix Kid is a Bad Penny and is willing to lie to get better pricing. He is also making claims about me that are not true in an attempt to harm my business.

A couple years ago I was introduced to Joe (chopstix kid) via email from Jeff Walters. Jeff asked me to provide the same quantity discounts and courtesy that I provide to him. Joe had a list of items he wished to purchase in quantity. We agreed on pricing based on volume. Joe asked me to help him out on his first order. He wanted to buy less than agreed quantities. I agreed and let him purchase parts at discount to help him out. He tried to do this again, with even smaller quantities and I ended our agreement.

This is a common bait and switch tactic found in any industry. People try to get a better price by making big promises they do not intend to keep.

Joe is now saying we will not ship to him. I honestly do not know his address or last name. In the years since our first sale to Joe I never declined an order just because it was going to him. He has mentioned two parts that we have sold out of on several occasions. Most recently HK93 backplates: We have sold out of these on three or four occasions since first stocking them less than 18 months ago. Many HKPRO members may remember being placed on our waiting list for this item. If Joe provides detailed information or order numbers we can address any concern directly.

That said I believe Joe's posts are illegitimate. Joe produces products for exclusive distribution by our direct competition. Joe builds guns for our competition. At the SHOT SHOW Joe introduces himself to potential clients at the official armorer of HKparts.net, our direct competition.

As I said from the very beginning. I believe these posts are an attack on another vendor who competes with his interest and company. His behavior and posts are unprofessional to the highest degree. His feedback and posts are in direct violation of HKPRO policies and rules.

On an interesting side note it was Chopstix Kid who brought me back to HKPRO. At the time I did not know who Chopstix Kid was. He emailed repeatedly asking me to reply to a post about our HK94 receiver flats. After a couple posts I realized he was encouraging me to make statements that were not true.

On that day I searched his posts on HKPRO and found that Chopstix Kid was a walking advertisement for my competition. It became clear his only goal was to bash my product in an attempt to direct customers to his partners.

Because of that search I decided to become a bigger part of the HKPRO community. I have had friends on this forum for 12 years. We have a good reputation and customer base that I needed to protect. At this time I will say Thank You Chopstix Kid. You are 100% responsible for my ads appearing on HKPRO.

Obviously this is not the result Chopstix Kid had hoped for. Now he is taking to bashing me about something he says happened a year ago. Of course the obvious question remains. Why did he not post feedback way back when he says this happened.

Note to Micheal's Machines and Dakota Tactical customers:

First of all both parties send their customers almost exclusively to HKparts.net. Second, I have never refused a customer order that was being sent to either party. The only order I have refused was a bulk quantity order with pricing discounts that was placed directly by Michael Otte himself. Once informed we wouldn't ship this to him, he has had no less than five people attempt to place the exact same order on our shopping cart. Again we're talking about a bulk quantity order with very specific parts. No single customer build requires 50 used extractors, 50 used extractor springs, 25 used mag catch sets and 25 POF black grips.

I have tried to not reply to this nonsense and to not be tit for tat. I have worked extensively with Straitgrain trying to have their feedback and other negative posts removed as they do not pertain to HKpro. In my opinion there feedback and posts are not in following with HKpro rules. I have been informed that my only option is to post my own negative feedback and post replies and I see necessary.

Robert Johnson
RTG Parts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
A couple years ago I was introduced to Joe (chopstix kid) via email from Jeff Walters. Jeff asked me to provide the same quantity discounts and courtesy that I provide to him. Joe had a list of items he wished to purchase in quantity. We agreed on pricing based on volume. Joe asked me to help him out on his first order. He wanted to buy less than agreed quantities. I agreed and let him purchase parts at discount to help him out. He tried to do this again, with even smaller quantities and I ended our agreement.
100% accurate. The agreed qty was 10 of each item. The first order was qty 5 of everything if I recall correctly. I remembered extending you words of gratitude. Unfortunately, I sold the first batch of D54P barreled uppers for much less than I should have. I think I made something like $75 per which left my budget for the second purchase of parts in the same position as the first. That was not your issue, that was mine and I place no blame on you for that.

I placed the second order for qty 5 once again as asked if you would honor the volume pricing. You did not respond. I followed up with several more emails, agin with no response from you. At that time I assumed our agreement was voided. It would have been nice for you to give me the courtesy of a response.

I was able to acquire the parts from HKParts.net with exception of mag-paddles which they did not have in stock. Adam gave me what parts he could on consignment as he saw the potential of my business. This afforded me the capital to make the agreed 10 unit purchase for mag-paddles from you. Once again you did not respond to my emails at which point I placed a retail order through your website. The order was not fulfilled and I was told they were not instock. I was told I could order 3. I had someone else place the order for me and the full 10 were shipped. Hmmm.

So ultimately, what is your complaint here?

This is a common bait and switch tactic found in any industry. People try to get a better price by making big promises they do not intend to keep.
I hardly think the second order from someone just getting started in the business warrants being tossed into this category. But it is your right to do so.

Joe is now saying we will not ship to him. I honestly do not know his address or last name. In the years since our first sale to Joe I never declined an order just because it was going to him. He has mentioned two parts that we have sold out of on several occasions. Most recently HK93 backplates: We have sold out of these on three or four occasions since first stocking them less than 18 months ago. Many HKPRO members may remember being placed on our waiting list for this item. If Joe provides detailed information or order numbers we can address any concern directly.
See, THIS is how you handle the situation. This is a clear and concise explaination with the willingness to rectify the matter. Robert, why only now, after days of side-stepping and insult throwing towards me do you post a civil response? Is it because you are posting negative feedback on me? Had you responded in this manner initially in the thread that was asking about feedback on you, all of this could have been avoided. I feel you owe me an appology.

That said I believe Joe's posts are illegitimate. Joe produces products for exclusive distribution by our direct competition. Joe builds guns for our competition. At the SHOT SHOW Joe introduces himself to potential clients at the official armorer of HKparts.net, our direct competition.

As I said from the very beginning. I believe these posts are an attack on another vendor who competes with his interest and company. His behavior and posts are unprofessional to the highest degree. His feedback and posts are in direct violation of HKPRO policies and rules.
Yes, I am indeed the armorer for HKParts.net and I proudly made that clear at SHOT. To call HKParts.net your direct competition is up for debate. You sell maybe 2 or 3 of the same products. You sell many similiar products. You sell HK-surplus/HK-contract parts. HKparts.net sells current production HK-German parts. HKparts.net carries hundreds more part#'s than you. Do you compete? Maybe a little. That's like saying I compete with the budget builders. Sure there is some overlap, but the bulk of the client demographic is different. But parts is your business and you know it better than I do. I can only speculate based on what I see.

But that actually does answer my question. It appears Jeff Walters was correct... Much of your discontent with me is because of my relationship with HKParts.net, even when it was in its infancy. Robert, all you needed to do was indicate such back then. At that time I am sure we could have come to an amicable understanding.

On an interesting side note it was Chopstix Kid who brought me back to HKPRO. At the time I did not know who Chopstix Kid was. He emailed repeatedly asking me to reply to a post about our HK94 receiver flats. After a couple posts I realized he was encouraging me to make statements that were not true.
I completely forgot about this. Just so everyone knows the details... you posted an ad for ORF 9mm flats that stated they were the only flats made on HK tooling. Upon visiting your website, I saw that you indicated such there as well. I sent you a friendly email indicating that I had a talk with Jeff Walters regarding ORF flats and that Jeff noted that ORF flats were made on partial HK "B" grade dies. The remaining portions of the die set were made here in the U.S. which is why the flats are so very much out-of-spec. My email was in no way hostile or inflamatory. In fact, I even remember noting that I do not think you were doing it intentionally, that you were probably given bad information from the manufacturer or distributor at that time. It was merely and FYI so that you might avoid potential community backlash as most know that the ORF flats are very poor quality.

How did you respond? You emailed me indicating that you were given this information directly from Todd at ORF and accused me of trying to slander the name of a deceased man. This was the first time I saw your short fuse and unprofessional side. I was shocked to say the least.

Again, what is the point of even bringing this up? Is there a complaint about me trying to look out for you?

On that day I searched his posts on HKPRO and found that Chopstix Kid was a walking advertisement for my competition. It became clear his only goal was to bash my product in an attempt to direct customers to his partners.
You are wrong Robert. I was looking out for you. You were clearly advertising a sub-par product as something of much higher quality, perhaps unknowingly. But once again we go back to you being the victim.

Because of that search I decided to become a bigger part of the HKPRO community. I have had friends on this forum for 12 years. We have a good reputation and customer base that I needed to protect. At this time I will say Thank You Chopstix Kid. You are 100% responsible for my ads appearing on HKPRO.
You're welcome. It would have been nice to get this level of gratitude when I emailed you about the misleading ORF flats ad.

Why did he not post feedback way back when he says this happened.
There were no paramount reason to.
The mag-paddle transaction was the first ill-fated transaction with you. I let it slide.
The customer that was refused parts shipped to my address asked that I not make issue of it.
The HK93 end-caps -- I almost did but decided I had learned my lesson enough times with you and that was adequate.

In lieu of your actions in all this, I am fairly certain that had I posted negative feedback, the outcome would have been no different than they are right now.

Robert, please take note of how I handled your negative feedback. This is how a response should be; one that addresses the complaint in a clear, concise and professional manner free from insults even though I think your posting of this thread is unwarranted and out of pure frustration.

Remember, Robert, I did not actively go out looking to talk about you. There was a thread started asking for feedback on you. I gave a brief, to-the-point, non-slandering summary of my expereince with you. You did not like it and reacted very pooly. That is a very large part of the reason this has grown into what it is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.