HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On December 2, 2007 I made and offer to Cooler (Rob at Exeter Arms) on a HK 94 package that he was selling on behalf of a disabled vet. Cooler accepted the offer and worked with me on the payment terms. Cooler communicated very well and kept in touch.

The final payment was sent on 12/30/2007 and the entire package was sent to my FFL last week. When I brought the rifle and accessories home, I noticed immediately that the two 30 round curved mags in a mag clamp in the original ad were missing. The mags were replaced with two 30 round stick mags and no clamp. I sent an e-mail to Rob letting him know I picked up the items and gave him some info he needed. I also notified him of the discrpency. Here was the response:

Jim,
Thanks for the numbers.
The Blue tool was just a screwdriver I tried to use to tighten the laser up with. I honestly did not know I used the picture with the curved mags. They were damaged (I think he tried to install them wrong) They were kinked in pretty good on the side and did not want to let it go like that so I replaced them with 2 good mags I had.
Rob

The Steuer's <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello Rob and Hope,

Received the 94 today and wanted to get the serial number to Hope.
It is 4xxx.

Rob, in the original picture the accessories show two 30 round curved mags and a clamp along with a blue tool.
I can not locate the tool and mag clamp and have two straight 30 rounders. I've dug through the case fairly well, but is there any stash spots that you know of?

Thanks again and I will be ordering again soon.

Jim

So, I'm wondering how two steel curved mags get kinked in an "unfired" HK 94 and beyond that how a mag clamp is now missing. Flags immediately raise and I inspect the carbine. Cooler was adament that this was an "unfired" 94 and it is clearly stated in the orginal posts. You will also see the curved mags and other stuff that I stated was missing. I have posted several pictures of the rifle and in my opinion it is not "unfired" by any means. Note the carbon build up on the bottom of the bolt carrier is well beyond test fired.

The only reason this is a negative is because I question the condition and the missing items. Rob was very diligent in keeping me informed, but I have doubts about this being an unifred rifle.

Here are the links to the original post and secondary link to the 94 pictures:

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70809&highlight=cooler

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70487

Here are the pictures taken today of the package:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here are the orginal thread pictures since they have been removed. I have made an earnest attempt to resolve this through e-mails, but Cooler refuses to reply via e-mail. I am hesitant to post the last e-mail messages, but with his action at 2:34am last night, he's made it quite clear on how he wants to proceed. This was my first HK Pro transaction and I am at a loss that this went this way. The last string of e-mails will follow the pics.

Here is the latest attempt to cordially solve this. I sent another e-mail to Rob at 2:06am. Rob's response was to call and hang up at 2:34am. Since the first call at 2:34am, I have received 5 more throughout the day. One message and the rest hung up when the machine picked up.

My last e-mail was sent at 12:26 this afternoon.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:26 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: HK 94 Pack

Rob,

I politely asked that we communicate via e-mail so there is a written time/date stamped transcript so both of us have a clear record. I know I sent this message out at 2:06am, but how does this make a call at 2:34am to my residence and scare the **** out of my family (let alone wake up my 3yr
old) justifiable? Followed up by another call at 8:40am? I appreciate that you are trying to talk about this, but calling a person's home at 2:34am?

I ask that you look at this from my point of view. You posted this ad on the HK Pro board and assumed full responsibility for ad content and pictures. You specify to prospective buyers the primo accessories and that the 94 is unfired.

I receive a package that immediately shows items missing. Your original picture shows two curved pre ban mags in a mag clamp which appear to be in excellent condition based up no scratches near the feed lips, nice color etc. Now the pictured mags with an ARV of $170ish are "damaged" yet the mag clamp is still not shipped are replaced with a pair of worn stick mags with a combined value of $50.00. Sorry Rob, but this raises flags.

Now we move onto the carbine itself that was stated unfired. Since you state the mags must have been inserted and damaged I inspect the mag well for damage. Inside the mag well shows a fair amount if carbon build up by the feed ramp. Pull the bolt and carrier and this shows obvious carbon and wear. So now I purchased a used/fired 94. At best the Blue Book condition is at 95%. Beyond that, there are few accessories of any worth in the pack. A flashlight mounted to the barrel with a hose clamp. Come on man. I understand that you did not have anything to do with the contents, but lets be honest and acknowledge that the valuable accessories are far and few between.

I am not attacking you in any way, I simply ask that you look at this objectively and find an amicable solution for both of us. I am deeply bothered at the fact you called my residence at 2:34am. I am uncomfortable discussing this any further over the phone.

Jim

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:36 AM
To: The Steuer's
Subject: Re: HK 94 Pack

Just got your email and tried to call. I will ring you in the morning. Went to answer phone. Rob Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 02:05:45
To:"'Exeter Arms'" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: HK 94 Pack

Thank you Rob for the offer,

Here's where I'm at with this. I can only base things on your original ad, the pictures you posted and our emails and communication. I am hopeful that we can talk this through and work towards an amicable solution.

I have concerns regarding several items. I think its honorable that you took on the sale of these firearms on behalf of a fellow vet. This was certainly part of the reason I was drawn to this. Through both the original sales thread and the previous informational thread, you clearly state that this was an "unfired" HK94. Regardless of the information provided to you, you made the claim and I based part of my decision to buy this based on your word. You obviously inspected everything since you state that the two curved mags were kinked. From my observation and the pictures I took, this 94 was shot and had excessive fouling in the mag well, on the bolt head and on the bottom of the bolt carrier. The carrier also shows a decent amount of wear. I'd rather not go to the trouble of paying a gunsmith to inspect it and tell me the same thing, but if you want me to, I will.

I'm not going to nitpick this thing to death, but for $5K and what you stated in the ads, this is not the rifle I thought I was getting. I have already invested another thousand into additional accessories for this and although that not an issue of yours, it hinder my options.

Being both a vet and former law enforcement, I do hope you stand by your words of going the extra mile for us. I would prefer that we use email to communicate.

Thank you Rob,

Jim

Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:22 AM
To: The Steuer's
Subject: Re: HK 94 Pack

Jim,
I can send you a mag clamp and some curve mags to replace the straight mags if you want. I will just have to order them from HK. Let me know. These were bent and I did not want to send junk mags to you. Give me a call & let me know,
Rob

The Steuer's <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello Rob and Hope,

Received the 94 today and wanted to get the serial number to Hope.
It is XXXX.

Rob, in the original picture the accessories show two 30 round curved mags and a clamp along with a blue tool.
I can not locate the tool and mag clamp and have two straight 30 rounders.
I've dug through the case fairly well, but is there any stash spots that you know of?

Thanks again and I will be ordering again soon.

Jim

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,862 Posts
The mods and admins hope that all of this resolves to everyone's satisfaction. In light of the ongoing and previous difficulties with Cooler, he has been banned from HKPRO.COM. I know that some of you have had excellent transactions with him, but there have been many incidents where that was not the case.

Murphy,
Please keep us informed of the progress that is made.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like all of you to know that HK Pro (Tom) has went above and beyond in his attempts to resolve this between Cooler and I.

This has not been resolved to say the least, but at least Pro has show tremendous character, honesty and integrity.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob Androyna did replace the removed mags and clamp a week or two ago.
He has not and will not deal with the issue of the stated condition of the firearm. He states this issue is between me and the consigner...
Draw your own conclusions and I will no longer add to this post, but wanted to let everyone know that he did send the missing items.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts