HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a deal to buy his HK VP70 when I sold my Hi Power.

Sold my Hi Power to buy his gun and once I gave the buyer 10 days to make sure he was happy (which JDP7 was ok with) I sent payment for the VP70.

I made the mistake of sending a check when he asked for a MO or certified check, this was my fault. We mostly negotiated by IM and I lost the actual "for sale" listing.

Rather than give me the opportunity to correct this minor issue (I would have glady sent a MO or allowed him to hold the check till it cleared) he sold the VP70 we had an accepted deal for to another buyer.

He did not inform me of any of this until I contacted him to make sure my check and FFL arrived.

Seems if you have a "deal" with JDP7, you don't really have a "deal."

I sold my Hi Power because of the "deal" I had struck with him. Now I don't have a Hi Power or a VP70.

·
Registered
215 Posts
This "deal" with SteyrAUG started on 9-18. We had agreed to a price with extra mags. Then he asks me if if I wanted to trade for a Hi-power, no I just wanted to sale. The gun had over 8 days left before it sold. I told him I would wait for it to sale.
On 9-27 the gun sales. He lets me know. Then he wants to wait for the payment to clear, that puts me on another wait.
Monday, 10-8 I send him a PM checking on payment, I was hoping to have the extra money for Knob Creek on Saturday. He already had over a week and a half since his gun sold. I was contacted by another potential buyer the same day, I passed, because of the "deal".
I was not contacted by him until Saturday 10-13 (16 days after his gun sold) that he got his money. Then he wanted to wait 10 days for his buyer to be "happy". Putting me out that much longer than I first agreed to.
On 10-23 he tells me he is sending payment. Five weeks after he agreed we had a "deal".
In the ad I said I wanted payment by "USPS money order, discreet paypal(+3%) or certified check." He states he sent a PERSONAL check because he lost the actual "for sale" listing. But he had a copy of the for sale listing that was with his PERSONAL check that showed up on 10-29. The same day I opened the envelope I just sent it back to him. After all the long drawn out BS I contacted another interested party and had my money that day.

If he couldn't make a regular transaction happen quicker than a NFA transfer, I would suggest that you don't deal with SteyrAUG!

The last gun I sold on HKPro was a 94. I listed it on a Tuesday, by Friday I had my money(certified check) and sent it out the same day. That is how I do business. Quick, no jerking people's chain for over 6 weeks.

Thanks for listening to my side, I think I was very cooperative with him. If you have any questions please PM me. I do what I can to make all the people I deal with happy, I just expect the same in return. You have to keep these deals quick and simple.
Justin JDP7

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, bottom line is this.

When I told you the Hi Power sold and I would be sending payment we still had a deal. Had you sold your VP70 at any time before that I would have simply had to deal with it because we didn't have a "deal" just an offer on the table.

When I sent you payment, you got it within a few days. The only thing I did wrong was send a check rather than a MO. This could have easily been corrected.

I never jerked your chain, I told you exactly what was going on and kept you informed. I was very candid about timelines, etc.

You went ahead and broke the deal.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also as far as correct timelines go...

It was on 10-13-2007 that JDP7 knew that I had sold my Hi Power, needed to allow 10 days for it to ship and for the buyer to have a small approval period.

And it was on 10-23-2007 (10 days later) that JDP7 knew I sent payment.

It was on 10-13-07 that we had an "accepted deal." He never objected to the 10 days and payment went out 10 days later on the 23rd.

I have the IMs to back this up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts