HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm giving a neutral for Darebear as I wasn't very happy with the transaction because of his choice of gun dealer. A failure to put in his FFL and who the gun was going to (me) in with the gun when it was shipped to my FFL led to miscommunication and a lack of common sense on both parties. The ATF was informed immediately that there were red flags going up and that there was some shady business going on...instead of trying to work out the situation and getting the whole picture. I spent 3 hours explaining to my Darren, my dealer and his dealer that everything was legit. I finally walked away with the gun when everyone realized I wasn't a criminal and wasn't buying the gun for someone else.

The ad also said that ammo came with the gun only to find out that later he wouldn't ship the ammo because he needed a license. I was just told yesterday that anyone can ship ammo through fedex or UPS as long as you follow their guidelines. I was reimbursed for ammo however since it was not able to ship.

It seems that the ad was taken down but if I remember correctly...it said that the gun was never fired (except for factory). I might be mistaken but at the tip of the barrel, it looks dirty (don't know that 1 round would cause it to be that dirty) and the internal parts are very oiled which tells me that its been cleaned.

Again, this a neutral because of the certain circumstances. The dealer was very unprofessional, wouldn't stop to listen to anyone's point for more than 5 seconds and I found out from my dealer that their license seems to be VERY shaky as its been in question since FEB of 2011 and only have a letter for the ATF and not the actual license...which expires in less than 30 days. Darren seems to be a good guy to deal with but as long as he continues to use the same dealer, I won't be doing anymore business.

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It was brought to my attention by a member here that ammo cannot be shipped without a license so I'm now aware that I was wrong in saying that anyone can ship ammo through fedex or ups...but something people should find out before advertising it.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I'm giving a neutral for Darebear as I wasn't very happy with the transaction because of his choice of gun dealer. A failure to put in his FFL and who the gun was going to (me) in with the gun when it was shipped to my FFL led to miscommunication and a lack of common sense on both parties. The ATF was informed immediately that there were red flags going up and that there was some shady business going on...instead of trying to work out the situation and getting the whole picture. I spent 3 hours explaining to my Darren, my dealer and his dealer that everything was legit. I finally walked away with the gun when everyone realized I wasn't a criminal and wasn't buying the gun for someone else.

The ad also said that ammo came with the gun only to find out that later he wouldn't ship the ammo because he needed a license. I was just told yesterday that anyone can ship ammo through fedex or UPS as long as you follow their guidelines. I was reimbursed for ammo however since it was not able to ship.

It seems that the ad was taken down but if I remember correctly...it said that the gun was never fired (except for factory). I might be mistaken but at the tip of the barrel, it looks dirty (don't know that 1 round would cause it to be that dirty) and the internal parts are very oiled which tells me that its been cleaned.

Again, this a neutral because of the certain circumstances. The dealer was very unprofessional, wouldn't stop to listen to anyone's point for more than 5 seconds and I found out from my dealer that their license seems to be VERY shaky as its been in question since FEB of 2011 and only have a letter for the ATF and not the actual license...which expires in less than 30 days. Darren seems to be a good guy to deal with but as long as he continues to use the same dealer, I won't be doing anymore business.
Fair enough. Due to the trouble with this whole transaction I won't be buying or selling online anymore. As far the rifle, I have not so much as loaded one round into one of those Pmags and fired that rifle, the rifle has been taken down... 3 times to be exact, I did it to familiarize myself with the internals but that oil was the oil from the factory. I never cleaned the rifle because I never shot it or planned on shooting it after realizing I did not want it. That rifle was as brand new as the day I brought it.

I won't deny that the FFL I deal (used to deal with) shipped the rifle out without any paperwork, he also did the same for the other two HK45c's I sent out I have no control over what he does when I sign the firearms over to him to ship them out. My position was simple in this whole transaction... After your FFL dealer told me about the other rifles and DID NOT differentiate that the rifle you brought for me was for you I wanted to make sure my involvement was clean and legal. I don't care to be confused for a criminal and I will assume that you do not care for it either but I wanted to cover my ass if anything came back my way.

Unfortunately I think miscommunication between all (even your FFL dealer, I don't know why he even told me about the other rifles in the first place) and a mistake on my FFL's part made this a bad transaction, but I assure you that you got a brand new rifle and as far as the ad goes I said I would try to ship the ammo with the rifle, I gladly covered the cost of the ammo with a 50 dollar money order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts