HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I bought my first HK yesterday. I have wanted one for a while now and I finally came up with the cush to go ahead and pull the trigger on one;) . I planned to buy a new one, but the shop owner presented one that you couldn't tell from new for a heck of a discount price, it was there ready to go, so I bought it. This gun hasn't been shot much, I can't find any wear on the slide contact points or anywhere, just a very few smileys on the top of the barrel. The problem that I have is the origional owner installed a set of tru dot night sights on it, and at the best I can do with it I am shooting low and a bit to the left even with a rest anywhere between 15-30 yds. I am no expert shot, but I am not bad either, I am practicing the best trigger control I am capable of as well. If you really look at the rear sight from the top of the slide you can tell it is off just a smidge to the left, so I know what to do there, but what about the shooting low part? Any help is welcomed.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
It sounds like you have the left problem solved and I bet the down part is just as easy.
With HK USP pistols they are sighted in to hit, more or less, behind the dot, not on top of the front post like most US shooters like to aim. So, that causes a LOT of shooters new to HK pistols to shoot low. They aim like they use to and expect the bullet to strike at the top of the front sight blade but instead it hits two to four inches low. Once you start holding so the bullet hits right behind the front sight dot you will find it is shooting to point of aim.
If you want it to shoot like you are use to shooting, you either have to add front or rear sight of a different height or get a set of adjustable sights. I use the MMC adjustable sights on all my pistols if they are not already equipped with adjustable sights.
So, if you are striking low and do not wish to change your sighting style you need a lower front sight or a taller rear sight if you want to stay with the sights you have.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
It sounds like you have the left problem solved and I bet the down part is just as easy.
With HK USP pistols they are sighted in to hit, more or less, behind the dot, not on top of the front post like most US shooters like to aim. So, that causes a LOT of shooters new to HK pistols to shoot low. They aim like they use to and expect the bullet to strike at the top of the front sight blade but instead it hits two to four inches low. Once you start holding so the bullet hits right behind the front sight dot you will find it is shooting to point of aim.
If you want it to shoot like you are use to shooting, you either have to add front or rear sight of a different height or get a set of adjustable sights. I use the MMC adjustable sights on all my pistols if they are not already equipped with adjustable sights.
So, if you are striking low and do not wish to change your sighting style you need a lower front sight or a taller rear sight if you want to stay with the sights you have.
as usual a very knowledgable answer from our beloved BIG BORE have to say that he is right. Plus I also like the MMC sights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts