HKPRO Forums banner

New 416 AF Upper on GB $3,200

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  dbj2003 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Spotted a new old stock 416 AF complete upper on GB in case anyone is in the market. This is not my auction but figured someone here might be interested.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/612760633

#3 · (Edited)
Seller probably measured it himself and it includes the FH or he is stating 16" so he doesn't have to mention SBR. If FH was pinned and welded it would be right around 16". But I'd be weary of a seller who doesn't know to put that in his add or that the Brl length should be given sans FH and that original 416s are 10.4" and 14.5" uppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
That's why a lot of people only buy them from known trusted sellers. With that said I've bought two from unknown sellers and they were good deals and the items were in the condition promised. But always, caveat emptor!

But I have to say the thing looks in prestine condition from the pics. If someone is interested I would suggest that they contact the seller to get more close up pics and determine it's provenace and background story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
HK416s -- prior to the A5 -- came in 10.4, 14.5, 16.5 and 20 inch barrel lengths, so uppers of each size are bouncing around the market. As noted, though, the item pictured on Gunbroker is not a 16.5 inch upper as it has the distinctive 14.5 inch barrel with its unique tapering. Presumably, it has a pinned flash hider to get to 16 inches, but that is not mentioned in the auction description.

#10 ·
16.5" barrels are not M4 profile, they are M27 style heavy barrels. Yes. Some call the 10.4" a 10" some 10.5" it's really 10.39" if you really want to get technical about it.

My statement was nothing more then it is NOT a 16" barrel. The Anodizing chipped off in certain places tells me it has been used.

#11 ·
Someone else was wondering if a 16 inch barrel (16.5 inches, or really 419 mm technically since the German spec is not even in inches) would have to come from an M27 rather than an HK416 upper.
I was simply noting that a 16.5 inch barrel could in fact be from an HK416 upper, though this one on Gunbroker is not a 16.5 barrel.

#12 ·
This is still a great price for a excellent condition 14.5" HK416.

The other upper that the seller has on auction seems to be a 16.5" MR556 cut down to 14.5" and FH pinned on to return to 16" (judging only from the barrel profile, apparent barrel length and MR556 gas block)

That one doesn't seem to be worth the $2900 opener but if I were looking for another 14.5" 416, this auction would already be over.

#15 ·
It's kinda like model designations HK 416 SF is not the same as HK 416 D SF or where the gun was originally made, it is made in Germany not Virginia as that is where it was imported. Once again being technical.

The gun looks to be real and is worth the money if you don't have a 14.5" upper. I would ask more questions first. The Fake (or REWORKED) Uppers were AI and the Proofs were not exact.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.