HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
eh, kinda makes it looks like a run of the mill M4... boring and kinda cheap looking to me too ... I like the Geissele offering alot more IMHO

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eh, kinda makes it looks like a run of the mill M4... boring and kinda cheap looking to me too ... I like the Geissele offering alot more IMHO
Agreed. I'm a little disappointed in DD. I've got some feelers out to see if KAC is considering a 416 rail, but have no feedback yet. I'm with you in that the only one I would consider thus far is the Geissele providing I can choose my desired length. Short of that, i'll stick with the originals.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Not very handsome for an HK aftermarket item, but I bet if they do up a longer rail, 3-gunners running MRs will eat it up. Not sure if I'd want to hack my 416's sling mounts on the gas block to put one on. At least that's what it looked like they did. But it's nice to see options popping up.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Agreed. I'm a little disappointed in DD. I've got some feelers out to see if KAC is considering a 416 rail, but have no feedback yet. I'm with you in that the only one I would consider thus far is the Geissele providing I can choose my desired length. Short of that, i'll stick with the originals.
Agreed. The original rail is hard to beat looks wise, so props to Geissele for pushing the design envelope with function in mind.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I like Geissele and even Remington's offerings better than the Daniel Defense. It looks different from the original prototype they had as well.

I heard good things from a guy who got to handle and shoot it, and it's probably light as hell. Still, my money is going to the Geissele.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Agreed. The original rail is hard to beat looks wise, so props to Geissele for pushing the design envelope with function in mind.
This

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Has Geissele said when his rail will be available? Or is it just a vague "sometime this year"?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Has anyone heard if the Geissele or DD rail will come with the barrel nut tool? Does 1 or both rail system use a different barrel nut or use the stock HK? If the nuts are different from stock will the tool fit both?

Just digging!
TC

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Geissele fits standard HK barrel nut. Not sure on DD but the attachment point for there rail looks standard just like HKs.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Has anyone heard if the Geissele or DD rail will come with the barrel nut tool? Does 1 or both rail system use a different barrel nut or use the stock HK? If the nuts are different from stock will the tool fit both?

Just digging!
TC
This is a great question actually! makes me wonder if any venders at SHOT had one of these for the 416/MR

·
Registered
121 Posts
is it just me or do people care more about looks than function in this thread?

seems to me the only thing bad about the DD rail is looks which seems to matter a hell of alot

·
Registered
258 Posts
It looks cheaply made, which I feel is the first sign of suspect quality. look at the last pic of it showing the bottom, that doesnt look to me like the best way to do it properly. not only that but since it's from DD I wouldnt be surprised it they tried to fetch around the same price as the others mentioned... and for those prices what is wrong with wanting something that looks like it was made with high quality and that i like the way it looks?

·
Registered
121 Posts
It looks cheaply made, which I feel is the first sign of suspect quality. look at the last pic of it showing the bottom, that doesnt look to me like the best way to do it properly. not only that but since it's from DD I wouldnt be surprised it they tried to fetch around the same price as the others mentioned... and for those prices what is wrong with wanting something that looks like it was made with high quality and that i like the way it looks?
i understand but being DD basically says it will be near indestructable, they make rails for the US military(Omega 7, RIS II) as well as the rail for the L85A2's, they make quality rails and the DD on them should say so

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Good point. I love DD products and own a few of their rails. I saw a prototype of a 416 rail they were working on and liked it better. Though this one looks a lot lighter than the one I saw, I would still hate to have to deal with mounting screws to "floating" backpieces. It grants more modularity I guess, but I can make do with the slot offerings from Remi or Geissele.

That being said I will NEVER own a 7.62x39 AR as it looks uglier than homemade soap and I question the reliability. Did I mention they are UGLY AS SIN.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I like DD rails. And most of them look pretty sweet. I've also grown to love the tubed forearms for match purposes. Who knows, the slots on this tube might allow for rails too. But I'm with manik, it looks cheaply made for a DD. I'm also not a fan of crimping a tube to lock on the barrel nut. I wish I saw it in person, I can't tell if the tube is actually riding the bottom of the gas block.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I can't tell if the tube is actually riding the bottom of the gas block.
What I can see it is ridding bottom of bayonet lug and grenade launcher lug. Also this small screw on bottom of mounting screw does not look reassuring.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts