HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B&T and H&K have finalized their U.S. licensing agreement. Keep your eye out for U.S. made HK suppressors by B&T. Group buys coming soon!

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Do you guys swap barrels from SP5K to an B&T barrel? if so how much would it be? does it need refinishing? what is the turnaround time?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Every time I tried to get answers from B&T dealers about their suppressors, it was like B&T USA didn't want my money... hopefully their growing pains are over and they can start making some products available.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you guys swap barrels from SP5K to an B&T barrel? if so how much would it be? does it need refinishing? what is the turnaround time?
We do not. Check with Ralph over at Red Dog Target Sports.

Every time I tried to get answers from B&T dealers about their suppressors, it was like B&T USA didn't want my money... hopefully their growing pains are over and they can start making some products available.
Respectfully, you may have been speaking with the wrong dealers. There are only a couple of us that really have our hands on the B&T suppressor pulse. I can tell you that EVERY B&T suppressor is on the table. Manufacturing a dozen or so lines in small volume is not cost effective. We stock (or have available for order) every HK/B&T compatible suppressor that they have in the U.S. Now that the licensing agreement is public, we will be working with B&T on organizing group buys.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So tell me about rifle cans, and the mounts for them.
They will release first the cans (based on demand) that they currently are tooled up for... SMG 3-lug, SD, SD-C, UMP, MP7. The Impuls II will follow with the Rotex being late this year/early next year. That is the current information that I have as of the licensing agreement announcement.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,172 Posts
Who's in for Alpine Green suppressors!!??!?

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
They will release first the cans (based on demand) that they currently are tooled up for... SMG 3-lug, SD, SD-C, UMP, MP7. The Impuls II will follow with the Rotex being late this year/early next year. That is the current information that I have as of the licensing agreement announcement.
Do you happen to know if G36 Rotex mounts will be available?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you happen to know if G36 Rotex mounts will be available?
They make two different Rotex mount patterns. The M15x1 RH Rotex IIA mounts came on the Gen 1 APC223 so I would assume it would not be difficult for them to get here with the cans.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
So 2.5 years after demoing cans at SHOT, many are still not in production? I think that is what he means by a company that "didn't want my money". Do you know why it is taking so long?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
So 2.5 years after demoing cans at SHOT, many are still not in production? I think that is what he means by a company that "didn't want my money". Do you know why it is taking so long?
What's taking them so long... ?

It's a start-up in a capital intensive industry that is highly regulated. That's what is taking time. You don't just buy the machines, turn them on and start spitting out NFA products. If there were unlimited resources I'm sure they would have full production of all their lines be they rifles, SMGs, suppressors, etc... .

But like all companies, resources aren't unlimited and they have to be deployed strategically as they see fit, not how we see fit. After all, it's their money they are playing with not ours. And before someone bemoans,"well then they should want my money". Let me tell you in No Uncertain Terms; THEY DO WANT OUR MONEY and once they claw their way to full production I'm sure they will take it all in pennies if that's what you got.

Everyone needs to chill and be patient. Hell, how long have we waited for H&K to take action on what we desire?! I'm sure for some of us older folks it's been decades.

JMHO, from a regular guy;-)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
What's taking them so long... ?

It's a start-up in a capital intensive industry that is highly regulated. That's what is taking time. You don't just buy the machines, turn them on and start spitting out NFA products.
Well I am an 07/02 and I know how regulated it is. I also have bought the machines, turned them on, and started spitting out NFA products. So I know 2.5 years is a delay that cannot be explained by either of those two reasons.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do not know what cans were demo'd at SHOT 2.5 years ago, however the official press release has not even been released yet so the clock has not even started.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I don't own a manufacturing company and never have. But I do know a thing or two about finance and investment and business plans.

I find it very funny that many think they should dictate what companies do with their money. One's business plan is not another's business plan. The pervasive attitude that seems to be expressed is that people who don't own these businesses think they know more than those who do own them as well as have the right to offer unsolicited advice. In the process they criticize these businesses' sincere efforts to get to market.

Whining that a company hates me/the market or is somehow purposefully holding their products from me/the market I find to be ludicrous.

As I am sure @Renegade experienced, you want a return on your capital as soon as possible.

So all I'm saying is that the path to market is different for every company; let's take a step back and let them work this through their systems, B&T and H&K. Hell, let's wish them God Speed in their efforts and tone down the noise.

Look how long it's taken HK to consolidate and create a potentially liberating manufacturing facility here in the States and they started the process decades ago. B&T is jumping in with both feet while H&K has had their toe in the water for decades and is now willing to take the plunge.

I congratulate them both and say welcome, I look forward to having to decide between my daughter's education and wonderful new engineering marvels.

JMO not meant to offend

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I do not know what cans were demo'd at SHOT 2.5 years ago, however the official press release has not even been released yet so the clock has not even started.
Pretty much everything.

I think gopherboy and are referring to the B&T unobtanium line in general, while you are referring to the HK branded line.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I find it very funny that many think they should dictate what companies do with their money.
Nobody is saying that. Folks want to buy their product, which they announced 2.5 years ago, said it would be available 2 years ago, and generally, it is not available, or not available with the ease customers have come to expect in 2017 (online ordering). In addition, this delay caused them to miss the single biggest GOLD rush in silencer history.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Nobody is saying that. Folks want to buy their product, which they announced 2.5 years ago, said it would be available 2 years ago, and generally, it is not available, or not available with the ease customers have come to expect in 2017 (online ordering). In addition, this delay caused them to miss the single biggest GOLD rush in silencer history.
I would agree on the missing the swift boat rush for suppressors. And I'm sure they are kicking themselves. But everyone seems to think it was on purpose. I'm sure it was not but as they say, $h1t happens.

But remember, they are more than suppressors so they have other considerations. They make some pretty f'n good firearms and are an importer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We're going to do group buys. LOTS of group buys to get the HK marked cans in the hands of those that want them. I am working closely with B&T and HK to ensure timely availability. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Joe

·
Banned
2,002 Posts
B&T has done a terrible job rolling out their new US product lines. This in no way is a reflection on Joe, Dakota Tactical, or HK. B&T doesn't even have a dam US website setup. I mean come on? Jon and Chris engaged is some terrible business practices leading to others and I canceling large orders.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts