HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search for this answer but got no results. I just got my C93 and the bolt gap out of the box is .008". Would it be wise to send it back immediately or shoot it and see if it works? Thanks for the help guys.

M Rutkowski
Westminster, CO

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
No, that's not a new C93 question, you didn't look very hard.
Problem is documented all over every gun forum out there, especially this one.
1) Roll the dice and send it back
2) Send it to one of the board member smiths for repair
3) Sell it and never look back

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah ok I got it. My search didnt work no matter how I worded it. Plus, the "new" part meant a new rifle, not a new question. A simple answer would have sufficed.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The CENTURY Warranty is "CAREFULLY" worded to be effective for ONE YEAR FROM DATE OF MANUFACTURE, not date of SALE!!
Send it to GHILLIE. Even a lot of "IGNORANT/INNOCENT" buyers are becoming "AWARE" of the Century reputation!!

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
GB is a good recommendation for repair of the gun but right now he's under the weather. Check the GB in ICU thread for updates.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, just gonna throw some +4 rollers and have a good time until it doesnt work anymore. Then its going to ghillie.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I tried to search for this answer but got no results. I just got my C93 and the bolt gap out of the box is .008". Would it be wise to send it back immediately or shoot it and see if it works? Thanks for the help guys.

M Rutkowski
Westminster, CO

That is still with in specificaitons for a rifle, shoot it as much as possible, watch the bolt gap and see how it changes ... of course do it as much as possible with in the first year of manufacture.
Also check http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-gun-talk/153554-my-hk-91-bolt-gap-out-spec-rollers-order.html for a heated discussion on bolt gap being "with in spec" down to 0.004" (myself like a little more but in spec is in spec ;-).
Send it to Ghillie bear. One second on the phone he had my trust. I can honestly say even though I havent got my rifle from him yet (he gets it wed) I know its gonna be a good rifle. For sure have em change out the barrel and refinish it. If you got the money install the pad mag and get a new stock for it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny, I just got it from J & G and the warranty expires in just over a month. Guess I need to go shoot next weekend!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Send it to Ghillie bear. One second on the phone he had my trust. I can honestly say even though I havent got my rifle from him yet (he gets it wed) I know its gonna be a good rifle. For sure have em change out the barrel and refinish it. If you got the money install the pad mag and get a new stock for it.
Sending a gun to Ghilliebear is probably never a bad option, but always best IMO to test fire and do the pretesting first.

·
Registered
35 Posts
shoot it 300 rds and add +4 or +6 rollers your go to if it work if not send it to jeff

I have 4 all work 100%

2 are stock
1 has +2 rollers in it the other +6

·
Registered
370 Posts
Check the post on here about CENTURY not doing any more C-93's
Definitely shoot some more and see what happens but check gap every 20 rounds or so.
I probably wouldn't shoot it if gap goes below .004", but that's me.
Clean it THOROUGHLY before checking gap each time (yea, I know it's a hassle but you need accurate readings!)!
Let Us Know!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What a sad state of affairs this has been. I love the C93 style and function but I will not be purchasing any more Century firearms due to the clusterf*** this has been.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
I'm sorry you got suckered by the Century trap. No matter how hard it's been tried to warn people to stay away from Century crap it's just not enough to reach everyone. Their failures have been documented in nearly every firearm related thing they've done, especially with HK and AK types. Their work sucks, their warranty sucks even more, customer service is hit and miss, usually miss.
The only light in the tunnel is the gun was inexpensive, compared to all the rest of the type, so there's room for fixing it. Century really had the possibility of a good thing with these guns but in typical angry beaver don't give a rip fashion they screwed the pooch.
If you decided to keep the gun and have it reworked it will make a nice shooter.

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
I liked Century a whole hella lot better when all they sold was actual surplus guns and ammo. That's how they made their name. This re-cobbling of guns through chopped up kits will be their death knell. Selling new manufacture ammo just makes them equal to every other importer/distributor. I can take them or leave them now. The good deals are done and gone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts