HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all my life I've wanted an MP5 and had the opportunity to buy one at one time. However they are WAY out of my reach at this point. Back in 2011 I bought a very nice P7M8 from a guy from Houston and he mentioned that he was selling to buy an ATI MKE. I had no clue what that was and asked him to PM me some information however he never did.

Well on Saturday I walked into a local gun store to buy .22 LR ammo and as I saw a very nice Stainless CZ 75 B which I was very interested in, a little room caught my eye. The room had all sorts of AR's, military looking weapons and suppressors. And low and behold, up on the wall they had a HK Mp5 style gun. Curious, I asked to see it and to my surprise it was a MKE AT94A2. The gun looked good minus the rough finish and I saw that it only came with the gun and 1 mag. No box, nothing else. I hemmed hawed and figured I'd post here and see if I should buy it. Well after many days of thinking about it, I went in today and asked for them to look for the accessories. They couldn't find anything, even the manual. So I called ATI directly and asked them about warranty and whether or not the gun truly was brand new and they stated yes it was and it had a 2 year warranty. Well I asked the gun shop if they could knock off some money since they lost all of the accessories and they said sure. So they gave me the offer, I countered and boom I'm out the door with a BRAND NEW MISSING BOX gun :)

So very excited about it and I know this gun I am not going to sell but rather clean up, modify and possibly SBR. Thanks for everyone's help making my decision.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks coolhand. I almost pulled the trigger and sold one of my P7M8's to finance this but decided against it!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Actually this would be part one and the other is part two :p
Well actually...

1) You started the one where you found it on January 11th, that was your pre-purchase thread:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/193946-brand-new-ati-mke-rifle-1700-a.html

2) Then this thread, in which you are very excited about your purchase, that was January 14th:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/194122-new-clone-owner-ati-mke-at94a2-brand-new.html

3) Then you started this next thread on January 15th were we realize that Houston We Have a Problem:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/194138-would-you-consider-internals-ati-mke-new-gun.html

So no, this is part two of a three part saga. Besides, I said above "The saga continues", not stating what chapter we were in. :wink:

What's the point? There are two kinds of people that start threads on internet Forums: Most people will start a thread on a single subject/item and post to that thread all matter related to that subject/item until the subject is exhausted. Others will start a new thread for each step in a multi-step process. This set is an example of the latter. I think it is important for people to be able to track someone's (yours) experience with a particular manufacturer or model from inception to ownership so in the future if someone else comes to the this forum and asks questions about an MKE AT94A2, they can just search and locate one of your threads and track back to the next or previous threads.

I'm not doing anything other than attempting to link stuff together because it is important for future visitors to this forum.

(I'm also cleaning up my "Subscribed Threads" because I was subscribed to all three and I dislike duplication)

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
Well actually...

1) You started the one where you found it on January 11th, that was your pre-purchase thread:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/193946-brand-new-ati-mke-rifle-1700-a.html

2) Then this thread, in which you are very excited about your purchase, that was January 14th:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/194122-new-clone-owner-ati-mke-at94a2-brand-new.html

3) Then you started this next thread on January 15th were we realize that Houston We Have a Problem:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/194138-would-you-consider-internals-ati-mke-new-gun.html

So no, this is part two of a three part saga. Besides, I said above "The saga continues", not stating what chapter we were in. :wink:

What's the point? There are two kinds of people that start threads on internet Forums: Most people will start a thread on a single subject/item and post to that thread all matter related to that subject/item until the subject is exhausted. Others will start a new thread for each step in a multi-step process. This set is an example of the latter. I think it is important for people to be able to track someone's (yours) experience with a particular manufacturer or model from inception to ownership so in the future if someone else comes to the this forum and asks questions about an MKE AT94A2, they can just search and locate one of your threads and track back to the next or previous threads.

I'm not doing anything other than attempting to link stuff together because it is important for future visitors to this forum.

(I'm also cleaning up my "Subscribed Threads" because I was subscribed to all three and I dislike duplication)
OP, are you and AMSDORF long lost cousins? :wink:

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL I have no idea who AMSDORF is. Sorry guys guess it's frowned upon here to have more than 1 thread.

The forums I frequent it's better to have topic related threads than just to have 1 that people have to sift through 100's of pages to get to the point :)

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
LOL I have no idea who AMSDORF is. Sorry guys guess it's frowned upon here to have more than 1 thread.

The forums I frequent it's better to have topic related threads than just to have 1 that people have to sift through 100's of pages to get to the point :)
Sean,

HKPro members tend to be OCD and it's better to keep thread consolidated. Frankly, I would rather sift through pages than having to figure out whether the thread I am reading was similar to what I read just a week ago. In any case, however long your topic thread those in the know use the search function to help find the info we need :600:

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well then I'll keep my thoughts in this thread :)

Talked to Jeff today and pretty excited to send my gun in. I have already purchased 2 - 30 round NIW HK mags.

This is what I'm having done:

Removing Magazine bars
Full refinish of gun
Removal of the MKE SEF Shelf and installation of LSC Shelf
Replacing with US parts: Sear, Hammer, Trigger, Trigger Box, Cocking handle (not sure if the Lifetime full metal RTG cocking handle is worth $100)
New HK German SEF clipped and pinned with Finger Grooves Trigger Housing
Used German Buttstock

New Locking Piece, recoil rod

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Whew! That is quite a refresh! She's gonna be SWEET! And you won't have to worry about those notched magazines.

Speaking of which: if you have a Gunbroker account you should list it there for a 10 day auction. If not sell it here. Our bretheren in CA, NY, and several other places have 10-round magazine limits and cannot "un-sporting rifle" their MKEs so they need those magazines!

Be sure to post pictures when you get it back. Jeff does top notch work, you'll be VERY happy!

(I seriously wasn't trying to bust your chops earlier, just linking threads for future readers)

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well I just realized that I only have 5 compliant parts. I figure the 6th can be the hand guard but who makes a quality US product? I just saw one on RTG's site wowsa $44.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:::Gulp::: Just spent $600+ on some new parts for my new gun. Wife knows I am buying some parts for 922r compliant, she just didn't know the cost.

BTW is there much of a used market for pieces that I take off my MKE?

Also, what do you guys recommend as for spare parts that I should buy? Pins, rollers? Suggestions?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts