HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the first part of my UMP conversion project! I got a FBI lower from SEF Tactical and was very impressed with their service (the price was also $50 less than HKParts.net!). I plan on picking up a black USC within the next month. BTW, what are the pros and cons of the stock block conversion versus a stub fuse one?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Not really any pro or con with the stock block, it's just a transition part that allows you to add the UMP stock to a USC receiver. But I will tell you that HDPS designed it around the UMP bolt carrier, which is slightly different from the USC. The extractor on the USC bolt carrier will actually strike the edge of the stock block. It's not that big a deal, you only need to take a round file to that small part of the stock block and shave it. Due a search in NFA Talk for details.

The only downside of the fuse job (so long as you're going with tbostic or Chopstix Kid) is the cost.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
And the wait for an ump stock... :frown:

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
HDPS designed it around the UMP bolt carrier, which is slightly different from the USC. The extractor on the USC bolt carrier will actually strike the edge of the stock block..
With a 9mm bolt this will be in two different places ergo, 2 spots to file down but like you said no big deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts