HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Picked up a grey vp9 (yay!). These ship with the now standard vp40 recoil spring. Here is my initial experience:

1. gun fits my hand remarkably, trigger and accuracy are excellent.

2. shot the gun immediately drenched in the factory oil (a no-no, i know)

3. first 3 shots, had a malfunction. new 40 cal recoil spring and weak blazer brass 115 were a bad recipe.

4. began to digest the weak BB, albeit with inconsistent ejection patterns. fired approx 100 rounds total.

5. cleaned and relubed with slip 2000, went back to the range.

6. loaded 30 rounds of hot defensive ammo. threw spent casings into the next state with consistent ejection pattern.

7. proceeded to fire about 215 rounds of blazer brass 115 again, without issue.

Good to know it'll cycle weaker ammo. blazer brass 115 has a very low power factor. while the pistol will now cycle it, it clearly prefers a more stout ammo. I'm pleased with the performance. i kinda want another one now lol.

The pistol is more comfortable with hot loads than my glock 17 was. The dongle on the glock trigger would dig into my finger. not an issue with the Vp9 due to the dongle being completely flush when depressed, unlike the glock.

It also feels better constructed as well. The frame rails and slide are beefier and inspire confidence.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Love that color. Interesting that it has the 40 recoil assembly in it.

I just grabbed a second VP9 on a black Friday sale, didn't even look at which spring it has in it.

Really wanted the grey one, but I couldn't refuse the price they had on this one.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
The " factory oil " is highly caustic and will eat wholes in your clothes if it gets on 'em .

:wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts