HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and have a few questions about a p2000 .40
I'm coming from a striker fired pistol so I'm hung up on what trigger variant to order as this will be for ccw, I'm considering Lem v2 . How is the trigger on the Lem for ccw?
Is 950$ too much for one? I can't find them in stock for less

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you shot a LEM trigger before? Coming from a striker fire, LEM V2 (Heavy LEM) may surprise you.

Here's a P2000 in DA/DA for $799. Not LEM.
HK P2000 Handguns

Thanks for the info.. Surprise me in a bad way?
I'm waiting for buds, top supply , jet guns to get them back in stock because more then msrp is not going to fly

·
Registered
120 Posts
There is one on AR-15.om by a guy from MD that is trying to sale a HK P2000 for 6-700.

HK P2000 40s&w w/night sights - AR15.COM
Yeah, that post has been up for a while so the seller would most likely be willing to negotiate a bit on the price. I would ask if it's LEM or SA/DA though if you're looking for a specific variant. IMO LEM is great for CCW as it offers consistent trigger pull, and you can put your thumb on the hammer when reholstering for added AD security. As previously stated, it will be an adjustment coming from a striker fired preference, but nothing a little practice wont take care of.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yeah, that post has been up for a while so the seller would most likely be willing to negotiate a bit on the price. I would ask if it's LEM or SA/DA though if you're looking for a specific variant. IMO LEM is great for CCW as it offers consistent trigger pull, and you can put your thumb on the hammer when reholstering for added AD security. As previously stated, it will be an adjustment coming from a striker fired preference, but nothing a little practice wont take care of.
Exactly what I do. I have a P2000 9mm V2 I have been CCW for well over a year now. It takes some practice, but the LEM trigger is good for CCW IMO. But, you could get the V3 and practice the first double action pull and get used to that as well. Either way, just plan to practice a lot and you will be fine. The P2000 is a fine choice.

I got mine used for $525 :100000:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again for the help guys! I was able to find a Lem v2 9mm at a shop and try the trigger out and I really liked it. I need to just wait and hope this shop will sell me a.40 when in stock at that price and not the jacked up 2012 price all the other the other shops selling them for.
I was supprised the reset wasn't bad at all either

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Try to score a used one in good shape. If you are hesitant about a used pistol for CCW, send it off to HK to have them look it over. You would still be in the ballpark of saving $200+...

YMMV....Good Luck!

Ps. I love my P2K. Carried it for 2 yrs until I started carrying my HK45c.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try to score a used one in good shape. If you are hesitant about a used pistol for CCW, send it off to HK to have them look it over. You would still be in the ballpark of saving $200+...

YMMV....Good Luck!

Ps. I love my P2K. Carried it for 2 yrs until I started carrying my HK45c.
Great idea thanks. Going to start looking again.

How does your hk45c compair in size and feel to the p2k?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just found a p2k Lem v1 new in .40 but I'm not sure about the v1 haha this is crazy that they are just not available anywhere

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great idea thanks. Going to start looking again.

How does your hk45c compair in size and feel to the p2k?
I have both and when I get back home I will post some pics if noone else has done so by then. The sizes are simular except length, were the 45c is longer, but that really does not have any influence on ccw IMO. I actually have my 45C on my hip now, carries well for me.

As far as feel, the are relatively close to each other. I like the grip on the hK45c, however I feel the P2000 feels just a little better in MY hands.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
very good thanks. I have been stuck on the p2k since 07 because of how it felt in my hand.

another question, Since I have found the p2k lem v1 and its the only lem .40 around I may pick it up. Did they make a factory lem v1? I'm wondering worst case if I don't like the (light) v1 trigger shouldn't I be able to swap it out for the standard v2 ? if so then I'm getting my first H&K this week!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I THINK that the only factory variants of the P2000 were V2 and V3, try using the "search" function to confirm. I also THINK that you can switch from V1 to V2 but will need to order a parts kit to do so, the search function should tell you the part numbers needed.

The pics are not the best, but hopefully good enough to give you an idea of the size between the P2000 and HK45C... (Both pistols have flat base mag plates and mepro night sights)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I THINK that the only factory variants of the P2000 were V2 and V3, try using the "search" function to confirm. I also THINK that you can switch from V1 to V2 but will need to order a parts kit to do so, the search function should tell you the part numbers needed.

The pics are not the best, but hopefully good enough to give you an idea of the size between the P2000 and HK45C... (Both pistols have flat base mag plates and mepro night sights)

After looking around I figured out that the shop might not have know what they were talking about telling me he found a v1 nib.
Wow I had no idea the hk45c was so close in size, looks like I may try one out tomorrow just to see how it feels. thanks a ton for the comparison pics

·
Registered
210 Posts
Best of luck, I strongly suggest trying to shoot both. I did notice that with the stock mag bases the extension did crowd my hand a little bit. But with the flat bases and playing around with the backstraps, I found them to feel very good in hand.

You may try to let people on this forum where you are located and they may let you try some of theirs out, I was offered when I first got on this site, a lot of great people here. I will even start by saying if you are in Ohio, west of Columbus, I would be happy to meet up with you sometime and let you try them out.

But, if you want one now, get it, That is what I did with my P2000 and I do not regret it one bit. At worst, if you do not like it, you can post in the WTS section and sell to a fellow member.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Best of luck, I strongly suggest trying to shoot both. I did notice that with the stock mag bases the extension did crowd my hand a little bit. But with the flat bases and playing around with the backstraps, I found them to feel very good in hand.

You may try to let people on this forum where you are located and they may let you try some of theirs out, I was offered when I first got on this site, a lot of great people here. I will even start by saying if you are in Ohio, west of Columbus, I would be happy to meet up with you sometime and let you try them out.

But, if you want one now, get it, That is what I did with my P2000 and I do not regret it one bit. At worst, if you do not like it, you can post in the WTS section and sell to a fellow member.
great idea thanks. I posted on mdshooters asking local people to help me out but have had no response still. Im in Md but thanks for the help I will keep you in mind if I happen to come up your way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts